Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New Camry Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Professional Hacker
Default New Camry Owner

Hey guys!

I'm a new Camry owner, I should be picking it up this Friday. (I feel odd buying a car and having to wait for it) I picked up an 09 Camry Hybrid with the NAV system (and everything else included with that). I'm really excited to get into it.

I've been a VW owner and modder for a long time and I can't wait to dig into this car and see what I can do.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:17 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: New Camry Owner

Welcome to the CLUB!
Originally Posted by Intrus
I'm a new Camry owner, I should be picking it up this Friday. (I feel odd buying a car and having to wait for it) I picked up an 09 Camry Hybrid with the NAV system (and everything else included with that). I'm really excited to get into it.

I've been a VW owner and modder for a long time and I can't wait to dig into this car and see what I can do.
In October, we'll be hosting a visit to the Georgetown KY plant that make Camry hybrids. Check out the meetings forum.

You are in for a treat!

Bob Wilson

Old 07-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Man,

I need to check the date on the plant meeting, that would be fun!

Old 07-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Welcome to the Toyota family. My 2007 TCH is my second Toyota and both have been great. I had a 1998 4runner limited for 5 years and loved it and never had any problems. I think you will be happy with the quality of the TCH. I have had my TCH for almost a year now and love it!

Old 07-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Professional Hacker

I'm depressed now.

My Camry was not on the truck today. They are now telling me that it "may" be here Monday. I better get it before my first payment.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:57 PM

How long ago did you order your 2009 TCH?? It took me about 4 weeks to get mine. I was glad i waited.........i'm sure you will be when you get it. Hang in there.............the TCH is in demand now. I know how frustrated i was waiting for mine and i was renting a car at the time.!!

Old 07-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Professional Hacker

Well, I was going to order mine... (Mag Gray, leather, NAV...) But on the 15th when I went to the dealer, the fleet manager (i don't deal with the vultures with the greasy hair) saw that one with exactly what I wanted was scheduled for delivery on the 18th. So I paid for it

I know I'm VERY lucky to have gotten one so quickly. As a matter of fact it was delivered to the dealer at 11:15pm last night (July 19th). No techs were there today to process it, so I get it tomorrow about 1pm.

I'm very excited! I'm not sure how I feel though. Part of me feels like I'm moving from the kids car ('03 Jetta with nearly 300hp) to the adults car... The other part is just giddy and excited to get a new toy.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:52 PM

Congrats! It is a great car.

I put a ground effects kit on ours, and it really turns heads when people see it is a hybrid, lots of comments on it. We had the windows tinted and I added fog lights and a factory rear spoiler. It is beautiful and we are averaging 41MPG.