Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

My Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Ohio BIODZL Driver
Default My Introduction

Thought this thread might be appropriate for my introduction to the forum:
___Hello ... I drive a diesel (biodiesel) ... but am an advocate for most alternatives including the rapidly improving hybrid technology.

On the subject of this comparison article, to many of these reviews seem to get a few things wrong. One of the irritations in particular is that they compare the Passat and Mercedes CDI to the Hybrids and gas MiniCooper? Why not the NB, Jetta or Golf TDI? If we're talking real world highway driving, these comfortable small cars are hard to beat for comfort and economy. Now for urban driving and commuting ... my hats off to the hybrids.

I'll look forward to the day when I can fill my diesel/hybrid tank with clean, renewable, domestic biodiesel. BTW ... great site, I'm looking forward to learning a bit more about hybrids.

Old 05-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Site Founder
Default Re: My Introduction

Welcome to GreenHybrid. You listed your Jetta as a hybrid. I think not!..........................................^

Old 05-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Ohio BIODZL Driver

Shame on me ... thanks for pointing that out. Will my correction work?

BTW ... nice to be here and I'm hoping there is a 'bio'brid in my future.

Originally Posted by Jason
Welcome to GreenHybrid. You listed your Jetta as a hybrid. I think not!..........................................^

Old 05-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Site Founder

Better? Oh, you %^$&^%*#%!!!

Old 05-13-2005, 06:00 AM
hyperactive enthusiast

Hey Rich-
glad to see an open minded diesel driver.
I'll be glad to see clean, re-newable, domestic biodiesel in this country too. every little bit helps. we need to approach our energy needs with multiple solutions. one size never fits all.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Ohio BIODZL Driver

Thanks for the welcome Kate ... I'm most definitely an open minded diesel driver.

I think there is room for several competing technologies and alternative fuel options. I sincerely believe that the diesel engine will be with us for a very longtime ... if not in cars certainly in heavy equipment, locomotives (hybrids mine you ), ships and generation equipment. I find it exciting to find clean renewable fuels like biodiesel that will provide domestic production of energy for a long time. (particularly if we end up 'algae based' biodiesel) Ask and I shall enlighten.

Nevertheless ... I'm looking forward to hearing more about hybrid technology. Thanks again for the welcome.

Old 05-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Hello and welcome.

I don't know why hybrid folk and diesel folk must bicker all the time. It is only a matter of time before someone makes a hybrid diesel (sign me up). It seems we should have more in common with each other as we are both trying to save fuel. It does seem to me that on average hybrid owners understand diesel technology better than diesel owners understand what goes on in a hybrid. I followed a link to a TDI site the other day and some of those people are "out there" when it comes to their opinions of hybrids. In fairness many made good points as well.

Anyway I'm not a mod or anything but shouldn't this thread be in the introductions section?

Old 05-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lakedude
Anyway I'm not a mod or anything but shouldn't this thread be in the introductions section?
GOOD IDEA Lakedude !! I moved it to Introductions Forum when you pointed out the obvious !!

Old 05-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Ohio BIODZL Driver

Newbies to the forum ... quite irritating ehh???

I think I'm finding my way around a little better now and will try not to do it again.

Old 05-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: My Introduction

Rich,

I admit I know nothing about diesels, but I have a question. When I was in England last year on business, Honda was running commercials that showed old loud polluting engines coming across the screen, then being knocked off by "nature". The end result was a new Honda diesel that was pleasing to the animals and merely "hummed" rather than clanked.

Is there a new diesel out there besides the old, loud, clanker that I am used to?

Welcome aboard. I'll toast you with my next cup of Earl Grey.

Jimbob

Quick Reply: My Introduction

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands