Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Just your standard intro. . .

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Enthusiast
Default Just your standard intro. . .

Hello all-

I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking for a while as I researched the various hybrid options on the market. My wife and I decided on a FEH, which we picked up a couple of weeks ago. Thus far, we love it. We just got back from a trip to Asheville, NC and got fairly solid mileage under circumstances that would be challenging for any car, let alone one that probably was running at well over 4000# GVW with 155 net HP!

I have been fascinated by hybrids every since I read the first article in Car & Driver about the Japanese market Prius. After seeing them drive around Japan for 3 years, I knew I really wanted to be part of this new automotive frontier. My new 1 hour drive to work everyday sealed the deal, and we chose the FEH after driving it and the HAH. (Along with a Jeep Liberty CRD--made me feel like a big rig driver!) We thought the Escape had more utility (non-folding back seat was a deal breaker for the Accord); I would have also liked to try a Prius, but no dice here in Raleigh, NC.

My 2000 miles thus far have allowed some opportunity for my analytical brain to attempt to understand the operation of the hybrid system. That, and reading the vast amount of knowledge you all have contributed. I plan to post a few observations from my last trip soon.

That's all for now. I look forward to providing whatever insight I can in the future!

Matt

Old 10-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just your standard intro. . .

Hello.

Old 10-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Contributor ($)

stoop,
Just your standard reply.. Welcome aboard!
It'll be interesing to hear about you trip.

Last edited by ericbecky; 10-11-2005 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Hello, and welcome to the club!