Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Issue with Honda Fit Shuttle Hybrid IMA

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 11:11 AM
Enthusiast
Default Issue with Honda Fit Shuttle Hybrid IMA

Hello everyone, I am excited to be part of this forum, learning a lot.
I own a Honda Fit Shuttle Hybrid 2011 model-GP2, it has done about 100 thousand kilometers, and recently the IMA light went on with this message "I can't charge."
There is a fuse that I discovered got blown, and after replacing it, the problem has not gone away as fuses have been repeatedly blown. I have also discovered that sometimes the fuse does not blow away the right ways, but does so after I cover more than 15 kilometers. A recent diagnosis on the car shows there is an inventor issue, and unfortunately, the Honda dealership in Lusaka seems not ready to help me, and so are the other auto-electricians that I have consulted, I think that they do not yet have skills of working Hybrid vehicles, which is a pretty new technology here.
If anybody has had this issue and they solved it, kindly let me know. I can drive the vehicle a little bit before the 12V battery discharges and all hell breaks loose.

Thanks!

Old 01-21-2022, 10:01 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Issue with Honda Fit Shuttle Hybrid IMA

Thank you, Grace.

Old 03-14-2022, 01:08 PM
Enthusiast

Hi there, have you fixed the issue? I have the same problem here. Fuse 53 keep blowing.

Old 03-15-2022, 07:52 AM
Enthusiast

Hey, not yet fixed it, the problem is caused by a weak battery that has to be replaced, so I have bought 2 pairs of the 7 pairs needed, I am advised by the technician that those will solve the problem, however, the ideal solution is to replace all batteries, eventually. Each battery costs $70 from a Chinese dealer who will soon ship them to me. The shipping is expensive because there are few forwarders willing to transport a NiMH battery. I have all the information if you need it. We should be changing the batteries two weeks from now when they arrive. The car covers a total of 26 KM before it blows the fuse.

Old 03-15-2022, 08:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Your "technician" is wrong. That code is NOT related to the IMA battery at all.

You have

1) a blown fuse that's disabled 12V charging.
2) a bad battery cooling fan that's cause the fuse to blow.

Old 04-30-2022, 01:54 PM
Enthusiast

Hi, just curious to know if you fixed your car's IMA charging problem. You were right the battery did not help, P1634 code says Motor Power Inverter signal circuit (temporary). It keeps blowing fuses. I think Honda really had not done a good job, this issue looks like it's extremly common.

Old 04-30-2022, 03:19 PM

When did you replace the battery fan?

Old 05-01-2022, 04:39 AM
Enthusiast

Hi, we have not replaced the fan yet, hard to find online. Wondering if you fixed yours.

Old 05-01-2022, 08:55 AM

This is your thread. You started it. You need to replace your blower. Until you replace the blower, you will continue to have this problem.

Old 08-20-2023, 11:26 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
This is your thread. You started it. You need to replace your blower. Until you replace the blower, you will continue to have this problem.
​​​​​​ Question-Getting error IMA for Honda shuttle hybrid 2014. What could be the cause?

Quick Reply: Issue with Honda Fit Shuttle Hybrid IMA

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands