Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Enthusiast

Hello All!

Well, 2 weeks ago I made a deposit on a 2004/2005 Prius. They're telling me it's going to be a 12 month wait! :blink: It'll likely be a 2005 by the time I get it.

I'm in the Chicago area, and they're only offering two pkgs--#3 & #9. I ordered the #3--basically any color but white.

I test drove the Civic Hybrid as well... They're all out of those too--but it's only a six week wait. I found the Civic... ok. I'm really attracted to the technology in the Prius, though. There were pluses and minuses to both cars, but in the end, I just liked the Prius more. So I guess I'll wait, and wait, and wait... sigh!

Old 05-26-2004, 08:12 PM
Contributor ($)

Welcome aboard. I think you'll find that no matter how long the wait, it wil definitely be worth it. In the mean time, you'll have plenty of time to learn even more about your car. There certainly are plenty of knowledgeable people here. If there are any hybrid gatherings in your neck of the woods, you should go. People will welcome you and certaianly relate to your waiting woes.
You said
basically any color but white.
Does this mean you do not know what color you are getting? I guess I've never had to wait for a car so I don't know how that works.

Old 05-26-2004, 09:02 PM
Site Founder

viverrine,
Welcome! Have you considered purchasing outside of the Chicago area? With pollution like I hear they have there, there's likely a ton of demand in the immediate vicinity.

Eric,
If you aren't familliar with the Prius allocation process, it's basically like a "We have cars coming sometime soon. We don't know what package or color they will be, or even how many, but do you want one?"