Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Intro

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 03:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Intro

Shannon, here. Geek gal. Married. Web developer/programmer/photographer/Jill of all trades, master of none.

New hybrid owner, after 14 (trouble-free, wonderful) years with a 1992 Toyota Corolla, which we still own.

I've been lurking here for a month or so, and actively posting on the hybrid_ford_escape Yahoo group.

On March 6, 2006, my husband and I purchased our 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid (Front-Wheel Drive). Her name (yes, our FEH has a name!) is Kira Nerys because, like her namesake in Star Trek: Deep Space 9, she's passionate, athletic, self-assured, dependable and perhaps a little misunderstood. She is definitely more than meets the eye. She’s “got your back” in any crisis, and she holds firm convictions.

What can I say, I'm a geek. And I love, love, love my Ford Escape Hybrid. 1,800 miles and I just hit my best FE thus far -- 36.2mpg. I'm still "green behind the ears" and learning to drive for better fuel economy.

Last edited by GeekGal; 04-12-2006 at 03:52 AM. Reason: formatting
Old 04-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner
Default Re: Intro

Big Welcome to you and Kira. Enjoy your FEH.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:43 AM
Banned

Shannon,

You would know why my Insight is named "Delta Flyer". Since they named a shuttle on Star Trek: Voyager after a hot rod, why not name a hybrid after a shuttle?

One enhancement I'd love to add is when it's redlining, for Scotty's voice pleading to Kirk to back off...

Old 04-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Shannon,

You would know why my Insight is named "Delta Flyer". Since they named a shuttle on Star Trek: Voyager after a hot rod, why not name a hybrid after a shuttle?
...and I thought you were a pilot for Delta Airlines

Old 04-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Katz6768
...and I thought you were a pilot for Delta Airlines
"Frequent Flyers" in the 24th century are by the light-year.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Shannon,

One enhancement I'd love to add is when it's redlining, for Scotty's voice pleading to Kirk to back off...
"She cann'a take enny-more, Cap'n!"

Old 04-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GeekGal
"She cann'a take enny-more, Cap'n!"
Kirk (as Donald Trump): Scotty - you're fired!!!

Old 04-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

LOL, welcome, glad to see a fellow FEH owner, as always.

I see you've already started to make yourself at home, if you haven't, I suggest you read the FEH FAQ, I doubt there's anything ground breaking there, but for some reason, I find myself constantly pushing it.

Anyway, my FEH is named the Liberator after a Sci-Fi ship (Blake's 7), so I guess I could join the club.

Old 04-13-2006, 05:05 AM
now Insight, had an HCH

Welcome! My dog is named Tasha Yar - in memory of Tasha Yar from TNG. We just call her Tasha though.

My Insight's name is Wazabi, just got my custom plates in 2 weeks ago after a two month wait!

Old 04-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Thumbs up Re: Intro

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
LOL, welcome, glad to see a fellow FEH owner, as always.

I see you've already started to make yourself at home, if you haven't, I suggest you read the FEH FAQ, I doubt there's anything ground breaking there, but for some reason, I find myself constantly pushing it.
That FAQ was one of the first things I read during my pre-FEH purchase research. Quite helpful especially when one hasn't been reading forums much yet and in suffering in the sea of acronyms that, soon, become commonplace.

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Anyway, my FEH is named the Liberator after a Sci-Fi ship (Blake's 7), so I guess I could join the club.
Welcome Aboard, Cap'n!