Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Industry Insider Jumpin' In

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Proud to be GM
Default Re: Industry Insider Jumpin' In

Hey Wayne,

Don't get me wrong, I don't argue the potential of the HAH. I am, however surprised (shocked, actually) by what is reported at fueleconomy.gov wrt Malibu & HAH. I wouldn't even begin to try to explain it or claim it as an AHA!!. Remember, I like hybrids, too

Lakedude asked the question as to whether or not people were saying GM had non-hybrid models that compared to HAH fuel economy.

On the Emissions issue. I know that the Accord is PZEV compliant. No argument there. And yes, the Cobalt is PZEV compliant in California. I was involved in planning the application in a prior assignment. I will claim fuzzy memory as to whether it is the '05 or '06 model when we implemented PZEV on the 2.2L application. Keep in mind that most of my time now is spent dealing with '09 - 11 product (consistent with your Evinrude point ). My question wrt emissions is whether there is a Bin 2 emissions standard defined. I see the PZEV notation in your avatar and I'm familiar with the requirements for PZEV. I'm familiar with the requirements for Bin 5. I'm familiar with the requirements for Bin 4. I'm familiar with the requirements for LEV2. I'm familiar with the requirements for ULEV2. I am not familiar with Bin 2. If I were at work I could check with our Compliance Group to see what they know about a Bin 2 emissions level, but sitting at my dining room table, that one is news to me.
Peace,

Martin

Old 09-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Martin:

___A slightly larger pic.

___I hope I can get you involved into a few less confrontational threads here at GH as I am sure you have not had a very fun day of posting with me climbing all over each and every one of them It is only because we do not get the chance to talk with someone who might be able to actually change the world for the better is all

___With that, what kind of automobile do you drive and what is your FE to date? Once I know the details, I am going to hound you with tips and tricks until it gets a lot better

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 09-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Proud to be GM

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi Martin:

___A slightly larger pic.

Thanx! Okay, now that I know Bin 2 exists, I need to crack the whip with our Compliance folks

___I hope I can get you involved into a few less confrontational threads here at GH as I am sure you have not had a very fun day of posting with me climbing all over each and every one of them
Please don't worry about that. You should see some of the threads I get involved in on my bass guitar newsgroup! This newsgroup has actually been less confrontational than I expected. I do not mind a bit of intellectual sparring with well armed and good intentioned adversaries, and you sir, fit both categories. Actually, I don't really see you as an adversary, but I still enjoy the sparring.

It is only because we do not get the chance to talk with someone who might be able to actually change the world for the better is all
We'll have to fix that one day.

___With that, what kind of automobile do you drive and what is your FE to date? Once I know the details, I am going to hound you with tips and tricks until it gets a lot better
HAHA!! Gotcha! I don't really "own" a vehicle. I'm assigned a different vehicle every 90 days as part of a vehicle evaluation program. On Tuesday I'll be turning in a Pontiac G6 Coupe for who knows what. Seriously. I don't know what I'm going to be driving until I show up at the fleet office. This weekend I've parked the G6 in order to drive a Prius for the weekend. I can tell you that if I were in the market for a vehicle, I'd more than likely go for either a Corvette or a Cadillac SRX. Just bein' honest. You'd probably be surprised at how good the Corvette is on gas, though.

I enjoyed the G6. I averaged 21 mpg composite with it. I swapped with a co-worker for a week and he got a little better than 22. Different driving and traffic patterns.

Peace,

Martin

Old 09-02-2005, 10:37 PM

Old 09-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Proud to be GM

EricGo,

THANX!!

Peace,

Martin

Old 09-02-2005, 11:03 PM

.. Least I could do, considering your gentlemanly, informed posts. I did think about sending the jpeg to you by email, but I do not think you have allowed that option.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:06 PM

You'd probably be surprised at how good the Corvette is on gas, though.
I believe Lakedude coaxes 40mpg out of his believe it or not.

There are some very talented drivers here. Xcel and a few others were able to get a 110mpg tank out of a stock prius II on a marathon of driving a few weeks back. Stick around this board for a while and you will see some people that do what others consider impossible.

I got 59.4 on a 191 mile stretch of highway (I had to drive 50 or so) last weekend in my civic rated at 48 or so for highway and I'm nearly as good as some of the elite here. Take a look at Xcels congratulations hypermiler thread for some of their names. And don't dismiss what they get it. They don't fake the numbers. They don't have to.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:15 PM

OK!

As long as Tom is opening up the GreenHybrid coffers, I'll divulge the secret of my 67.3 MPG @ 450 miles current tank of all city driving.

I kept my wife in the passenger seat.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:22 PM

Here is a tip. Tell her you will be her chaufer and have her sit behind you in the back so she can't see AC controls. Bingo another mpg or two

Old 09-02-2005, 11:31 PM

Chauffer: Done. It is actually her car; If I tried to seat her in the back, I'm pretty sure I would be banned from it forever.
AC: We have had some pretty nasty arguments over that. Our compromise is AC set at 80 with high but not max vent setting when she demands it.

Quick Reply: Industry Insider Jumpin' In

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands