Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

I'm new!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 12:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default I'm new!

I put a deposit down on an '06 HCH on February 1st. Got on the wait list... dealer is Weir Canyon Honda in Yorba Linda, CA. On March 1, the VIN came on their list, indicating delivery in about 10 days. I bought the car that day so I could get the registration form and apply for my carpool stickers. Tomorrow is the 10th day... but I suspect I'll have to wait a bit longer before I'm driving my new baby... silver with nav. I can hardly wait!!!!

Jeff

Old 03-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Default Re: I'm new!

Congrads with your new car and welcome to the community!

Old 03-11-2006, 04:04 PM

Welcome aboard. Great color and car!

Old 03-12-2006, 01:22 AM

Thanks for the welcome... but it looks like I still have some more waiting to do. On 3/1, they said when the VIN appears on their list, it takes ten days for arrival. Today was the 11th day since I signed the papers. I'm getting all the customer satisfaction survey emails from the dealer... asking me how much I like my new car... but I still don't have it yet! Incidentally, my VIN is 12274. I've seen some posts recently showing deliveries in the past week around 10200.

Went down there today to see if there was an update. They showed me more lists which identified a production date of 2/20 (Japan); that it's on the ocean now... and due at the dealer on 3/22. They claim they always get the vehicles a week early, so hopefully by Wednesday I'll be burning gas and flowing electrons! Perhaps their original claim (ten days after it's on the list) applies to North American built product?

I also have another (minor) problem. I signed the papers and paid for the vehicle so I could get the registration going and get my stickers. That plan is going fine (forms submitted last Monday). The problem is the dealer shows my date of sale as 3/1 for warranty start date, too! Oops. I asked them if they could report the sale to Honda (and subsequent warranty start date) as my true delivery date. No answer yet on that one. Not a big deal... an couple of weeks off the warranty shouldn't be a problem.

Jeff

Old 03-12-2006, 04:41 AM
YA RLY.

That's odd. The warranty should start when you get the car. I'd definitely demand that.

Old 03-12-2006, 09:27 AM

It really depends upon when the dealer submits the RDR card (retail delivery report to the manufacturer). Some dealers play games with RDRs and submit them before the vehicle is actually sold so they can get additional allocations of vehicles and get incentive money sooner. The down side to this "trickery" is that RDR submission starts the warranty. I've seen dealers do this and the (future) customer for the vehicle ends up with a warranty that's many months shorter than it's supposed to be.

In this case, it wasn't the dealer's fault... it was my fault for trying to get the registration info early to get those HOV stickers! Registration with the state doesn't necessarily require RDR submission (they go to different places and have nothing to do with one another)... but dealers often do both together.

I suspect the RDR was submitted because the dealer has a "service history" page on their website. Enter the VIN and it shows the service history... including warranty start date. Mine shows no repairs yet (of course!), but it does show the 3/1 start date. I suspect this is just internal dealer records, and no actual connection to any Honda database... but if they entered it there, then they probably submitted the RDR to Honda, too.

Dealer said they'd check on this for me... but I've found them a bit slow (actually, non-responsive!) to following through with investigations like this. In fact, the only time I've received a call from them was when they had a problem with my check (a bank problem that was quickly resolved!). Oh well!

Old 03-12-2006, 02:23 PM

Congratulations on the new car! I know that (when it arrives at last) you're going to love it! I'm sorry you're having such a problem with your dealer. I don't know any dealers out in CA, but my dealer here in IL was really great- two different people helped me, they were really responsive to all my issues and stayed in touch with me by phone to see how I liked it a couple of times after I picked it up. The car arrived within a day or two of when they said it would, and when I went to pick it up, they had presents for me: a full tank of gas (even though this just happened to be the week last fall when gas prices hit the high water mark, way above $3) and a wrapped gift waiting in the seat. Basically they were just as nice as could be. So I'm sorry to hear about your not-so-hot service experience and kind of surprised.

Regardless, welcome to the forum! I hope you get the chance to look around and pick up a few tips for driving your new hybrid! Good luck!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands