Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hybrid Owner - not yet

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Hybrid Owner - not yet

I technically am not a hybrid owner yet, but am getting very excited waiting for it to get here. My dealer told me it would be about 10 days. I found out the ship just got to California (I am in Arizona) so it sounds like his estimate is going to be pretty close.

Since I have no vehicle yet, I have been searching the web for hybrid info and articles and stumbled across this site. Lots of good info and a nice resource for new hybrid owners like myself.

Old 03-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Owner - not yet

Welcome aboard. What color? Nav? Etc.

We have a good group here in AZ. We just had a meetup in January. Drop by anytime and let us know when your car comes in.

Old 03-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

I will be getting a Galaxy Gray without the nav. Hopefully, I will get the same kind of MPG you are showing.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:03 AM

Gilbert, thanks for the compliments you made about our community. If we can help you please just let us know.

Old 03-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Vegetarian

Welcome! You'll learn a lot here. Enjoy your car when it gets to you!

Old 03-06-2006, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by sundevil
I will be getting a Galaxy Gray without the nav. Hopefully, I will get the same kind of MPG you are showing.
Naw, I am hoping to do a lot better. I am already over 50 MPG a tank and it's only got 1,500 miles on the odometers. After it breaks in, I hope to do better.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:02 PM

Yay for the HCH!! Welcome to the forum, and I hope you find information here that will help you achieve the mpg you want. Living in Arizona is an advantage- I'm driving in snow in Illinois and the cold really takes a bite out of fuel efficiency. Congratulations on the new car! Keep in mind- the way you drive is practically as important as what you're driving. Your driving style can have a huge impact on your mpg. It's fine to just buy the hybrid and rest on your laurels because driving it around normally you'll get decent mpg- but you can do a lot better if you try! Use this forum to pick up tips, and good luck!

Old 03-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

Dealer called and it will be a few days more than he told me. It will either be this weekend or on Monday. He is throwing in window tinting so I guess its ok. It is definitely in the US and Arizona bound on the train.

I guess I should be lucky that its only going to be a couple of weeks of waiting and not months like some have had to wait.

I have all of my XM stuff and am planning how to install it, but it is kind of hard when the vehicle is not here.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by sundevil
I have all of my XM stuff and am planning how to install it, but it is kind of hard when the vehicle is not here.
Did you purchase the kit from Honda? I'd like to hear your impressions when you install it (are you doing the install or are you having a local shop do it) and how hard it is to install if you're doing it yourself.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

No, I am not doing the connection to the head unit. I am just hardwiring a Roady XT ($20) and hiding all of the wiring. Hopefully, I can find a place to put it which looks ok and doesn't stick out too much.

I don't want to pay for the Honda install and don't want to rip out the dash of my new car yet. I have an XM direct which I will be taking out of my CRV and hope that they make an adapter for Honda soon so I can attach that and not have to buy the Honda kit.

Quick Reply: Hybrid Owner - not yet

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands