Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Howdy

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Enthusiast
Default Howdy

Found this forum while researching my new ride. Just picked up a '08 Civic Hybrid, and so far I love it. I traded in a '06 Mustang GT and a '97 Tacoma for it, so it is a lifestyle chance. Hopefully the financial benefits will pay off.

Right now I'm just driving it as is to see what it does for me. I have changed my driving habits a bit due to watching the mpg gauge and right now am getting about 39/40mpg. I've read that this will go up after the break in period. Right now I only have ~300 miles on it.

Based on my weekly commute distance of 375miles I've estimated that I'll save about $1680/year. Since I drive a lot more outside of my commuting though I'm hoping this will be much higher.

I plan on putting a K&N filter in eventually. I've installed one of these in every car I've ever owned and always seen an improvement in performance and FE. It is by far the simplest thing any one can do to get more out of their car.

I'd welcome any suggestions about how to get the most out of it. I'm sure I'll chime in here and there, and eventually post some data that I'm collecting.

Also, while I'm here I'll plug my band www.myspace.com/patmosbrothersrevival

Old 04-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Engineering first
Default Re: Howdy

Welcome to the CLUB!
Originally Posted by BanjoAndy
Found this forum while researching my new ride. Just picked up a '08 Civic Hybrid, and so far I love it. I traded in a '06 Mustang GT and a '97 Tacoma for it, so it is a lifestyle chance. Hopefully the financial benefits will pay off. . . .
You're in for a treat. The folks in the Honda Civic forums have a lot of good insights to share.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson