Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

hey everyone

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default hey everyone

good to find you guys over here.
im a hybrid enthusiast that also happens to be a factory trained technician for american honda

i hope to be able to provide you guys with some good tech info when it comes to the honda products available

talk to you guys soon

Old 03-29-2008, 03:06 AM
Engineering first
Wink Re: hey everyone

Excellent,
Originally Posted by bullet4
good to find you guys over here.
im a hybrid enthusiast that also happens to be a factory trained technician for american honda

i hope to be able to provide you guys with some good tech info when it comes to the honda products available

talk to you guys soon
You might want to scan the HCH and Inisight forums.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Old 03-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Think green.
Default Re: hey everyone

Welcome, Tony.
Good to have a factory-trained technician here on the forum.
I have a question. I'm ready to switch back from my snow tires to the OEM Dunlops, which my tire guy says should have another season left in them. Over the winter I hit a couple of pretty bad potholes, and although the car seems to "go straight", I was considering getting an alignment done. For a hybrid, is it better to have the alignment done at the dealership? I wasn't sure if the regenerative braking system would come into play or not.
Thanks for any advice you may have on this.

Did you get trained on hybrids as well? I always wonder when I go to the dealer's to get my car worked on whether they have a special hybrid tech or not. I know one of the local community colleges has a training program for hybrid techs, so I am guessing they would have someone with that sort of certification on staff.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: hey everyone

its never a bad idea to get an alignment...but if you only have a little life left anyway i would get the alignment done when tire replacement time comes.

as far as where to go i will always suggest a dealer for anything you need done. spend a little more now to spend a lot less later. and we arent always that much more anyway. my dealer runs alignment specials for 69.95 all the time. most of our local alignment shops charge about 50 to 60...id spend the extra 10 to 20 if it was my car. knowing that the dealer is going to back up its work and hey...thats all we work on is hondas. so we know what we are doing for the most part.

at my dealer we only have 4 guys that work on hybrids but we all get training on them. most of it comes down to who wants to work on them and who doesnt. the old guys like to work on normal cars and us young bucks like working on the high tech stuff.