Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello, not a Hybrid owner, just work on some

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hello, not a Hybrid owner, just work on some

Originally Posted by bwilson4web
Wait till you see Hobbit's pages. He at least kept things organized. But seriously, you're in for a treat. Many of us have been immersed in the study of these fascinating vehicles for years and I'm still learning.

Bob Wilson
cool, no different then my passion with road racing and muscle cars. I've retrofitted both my 60' Apache and 69 Camaro with Fuel Injection. The Camaro a MPFI system from electromotive. The 60' one of the first gen Holley aftermarket systems. Fun to play with fuel curves to get it "just right".

Old 01-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by willie'
cool, no different then my passion with road racing and muscle cars. I've retrofitted both my 60' Apache and 69 Camaro with Fuel Injection. The Camaro a MPFI system from electromotive. The 60' one of the first gen Holley aftermarket systems. Fun to play with fuel curves to get it "just right".
It turns out some of my best ideas come from speed shops. One of the things I'm thinking about is an electric water pump and take out the thermostat valve. The pump is operated by the coolant temperature with variable speed.

This will eliminate the coolant pump overhead, especially in the morning, during warm-up. It will then only provide as much coolant flow as needed for the conditions.

But in those rare cases where I punch the throttle, I can have say a 5 second delay, which is a nice boost to the acceleration curve where it is needed. Also, when I park on a hot day, the pump can continue circulation and avoid overheating the system.

Bob Wilson

Old 01-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Welcome Willie! Every car enthusiast is welcome. This forum is for everyone to share knowledge and experience on them. That's what I'm here for. Having owned my TCH for 5 months now, I'm still learning alot about it. I am sold on the technology and love the car!!

Old 01-14-2008, 06:05 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the welcome