Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello from Northern Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Enthusiast

Hello to all from Northern Colorado. I am the proud owner of a 2004 Seaside Pearl Prius. I have had my Prius since November 7th. I was my 40th birthday gift. I have loved every minute of owning this car and have absolutely no complaints.

Old 06-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Site Founder

Welcome, and congrats! I've had mine about as long as you have. Great car, eh?

Old 06-07-2004, 03:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

nicwanu,
Welcome to the community!
Glad to hear another satisfied Hybrid owner. There's allot of us around!

Old 06-07-2004, 04:11 PM
Contributor ($)

Hi there, nicwanu!
I'm glad to hear you enjoy your car. It's kind of hard to believe that a car can be so much fun, eh?

Prior to owning my hybrid driving back and forth to work was just a chore. Not so any more. It seems like each trip is much more enjoyable.

How about you?

Old 06-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hello nicwanu! I'm in S. CO, in the Springs. I got my prius a few weeks after you.

I'm averaging 40mpg. What about you?

Old 06-08-2004, 02:25 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. In reply to my fuel economy I have a lifetime average of 46 mpg but I have been creeping up every month with the warm weather. In April I averaged 51 mpg and in May, 52 mpg. My driving is a mix of both highway and city driving. I very much agree that having a hybrid makes driving fun. I am always choosing routes that give me the best mileage. I have also found that having a hybrid has made me a calmer driver in that I always travel the speed limit or slightly under and feel less rushed in my Prius. My kids think it is the coolest car ever and are already fighting over who gets it when they are old enough to drive. I'm not sure what gives them the idea that I will be ready to part with it when they are ready to take it as their own.

Old 06-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Enthusiast

Hello Nicwanu, good to have you here!

I was wondering if any of you Colorado folks had any information on how the Prius performs in the mountains?

I wonder if hybrids are the cars to get teenagers to shift their focus from going fast to going safe.

Andy

Old 06-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Site Founder

My aunt saw my car last week and wondered why "every kid" didn't have one! She says she wants the Lexus RX 400h already, haha.

From what we've heard about San Fransisco, the Prius doesn't do so hot in reverse up hills. Since the engine doesn't help propel in reverse, the car must rely solely on the battery. That means limited power, and if it's too steep the car can't get up.