Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Gudday from Australia...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 05:31 PM
The Devil's in the detail
Thumbs up Gudday from Australia...

Gudday all,

This seems like a pretty good forum to be talking about Hybrids, and I thought you all might like to get an Aussie point of view.

I recently purchased a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid...and I must sa that I'm very pleased with my decision to go green.

You see...petrol has just hit AU$6.00 and gallon and is expected to hit AU$9.00 by 2007.

Things ain't what they used to be!

I'm currently averaging 50-55mpg, which in anyone's language makes a lot of sense.

The HCH is about $3,000 more than the equally spec'd standard Civic, so I figured it wouldn't take me long to pay it back. By my calculations, about 18 months.

This is a VERY nice car - smooth, comfortable, well appointed and looks great too.

I have read some forums where Hybrids are canned, with drivers getting 35mpg. Well, I've got just one thing to say..."it's a hybrid...not a SPORTS HYBRID".

This car (if you let it) actually teaches you how to drive for best efficiency. I love all the guages, and I love my ever diminishing fuel bill!

Happy Hybriding everone!

Old 06-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Gudday from Australia...

Welcome! Glad you're onboard! And I won't even make any jokes about driving upside down or anything...

Enjoy the site - there's lots of good info out here. By the sounds of it, you've already got a lot of the techniques down, if you're averaging above 50 mpg. Don't forget to log your tanks in the Compare area, and read the articles in the Learn section for the HCH II.

Best of luck!