Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

FEH Found it, Hadda have it

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Enthusiast
Default FEH Found it, Hadda have it

I just wanted to "formally" say Hello!! I found a great FHE. It is black with the moon roof package and the premium leather package. I feel like a was given a good deal, just a couple hundred over invoice. I was even able to haggle the financing below what Ford was offering.

I had been researching on line and wanted to test drive. However, no one in the Milwaukee area had one on the lot! So i found one about a 30 minute ride north of the city....lucky me!

The heated leather seats are wonderful....

I am excited to learn more, as I am new to the hybrid world. I previous posted a question about remote starters and found out this site is really very informative!

Looking forward to many happy trails! Kim

Old 02-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: FEH Found it, Hadda have it

Welcome to the forums Kim! I have a 2008 MMH with almost 10,000 miles on it and absolutely love it!

I got 36.2 MPG on my last tank of combined city/hwy driving in southern Alabama. You will find that these hybrids don't really like cold weather when it comes to fuel economy - for a number of reasons. But other than that, they drive and perform well in the cold & snow - - and when it begins to warm up in the north land your fuel economy will improve considerably.

(My overall average is 31.2 MPG which suffered from a trip from AL to MI in December and several hundred miles of driving in MI during the month of December before heading back south after New Years.)

Old 02-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: FEH Found it, Hadda have it

Welcome to the CLUB!

You've got a great vehicle as Ford has recently done a 'tune-up' on the design. Also, we've got a great FAQ on the Ford Escape Hybrid and many skilled owners.

Did you go 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive?

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Old 02-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Old Boomer Techie
Thumbs up Re: FEH Found it, Hadda have it

Welcome aboard. You can learn almost everything you need to know about the FEH, Hybrids and alternative fuel vehicles right here.

and ...You are gonna LOVE that car.

As soon as you burn off that first tank, don't forget to start posting your mileage and driving style so that other newcomers can benefit from your experience. ... and thanks from all of us if you do.

Last edited by FastMover; 02-14-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:09 AM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: FEH Found it, Hadda have it

I have a 2WD, didn't want to lose gas milage...or spend the $. If the roads are that bad, I'm staying home! I teach and school is usually called off.....

I picked it up Monday, we had a 8 inch snow fall Tuesday, another 2 inches Thursday, and they are forcasting 8-12 inches for Sunday! So far the 2WD has handled very well on my commute. I believe it all boils down to being a good driver, knowing how to drive in bad weather is paramount...along with keeping your eye on the other guy! I am happy with the 2WD!

Old 02-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Engineering first
Talking Re: FEH Found it, Hadda have it

Originally Posted by frozen tunda 08

I have a 2WD, didn't want to lose gas milage...or spend the $. If the roads are that bad, I'm staying home! I teach and school is usually called off.....

I picked it up Monday, we had a 8 inch snow fall Tuesday, another 2 inches Thursday, and they are forcasting 8-12 inches for Sunday! So far the 2WD has handled very well on my commute. I believe it all boils down to being a good driver, knowing how to drive in bad weather is paramount...along with keeping your eye on the other guy! I am happy with the 2WD!
Excellent!

Bob Wilson