Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

The Much-Awaited Hybrid Electric Car From Aptera Debuts In California

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Site Founder
Default The Much-Awaited Hybrid Electric Car From Aptera Debuts In California

Aptera has officially unveiled two vehicles (which look more like mini-planes to me!) that could change the future of automotive design, and is ready to find its place on California streets by end of 2008! Modestly-priced at 26,900(all-electric) and 29,900(plug-in-hybrid), both the Aptera's Typ-1 models are sure to create a buzz, especially as they boast a really attractive mileage figure of 300 miles per charge!!

"Aptera" is a greek word for "wingless flight". And just as the name and shape suggests, this car looks more like an airplane rather than a car. With 3-wheels, a perfectly aero-dynamic design, and doors that flip open upwards, the Aptera looks like something out of a stylish James Bond movie! Through extensive fluid dynamics modeling and materials engineering, the Aptera team has created the most efficient, lowest-drag shape that can surround two occupants side-by-side, and has safety as a priority in the design.
http://www.huliq.com/55134/muchawait...uts-california

Old 04-18-2008, 07:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: The Much-Awaited Hybrid Electric Car From Aptera Debuts In California

I would very seriously consider this for my next car, even if I had to buy it in California.

http://www.aptera.com/

Plug in version range is around 120 miles per charge.
Hybrid version?
after 350-400 miles it eventually plummets to around 130 MPG at highway speeds where it will stay all day until you plug it back in and charge it up.

Last edited by Hot_Georgia_2004; 04-18-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: The Much-Awaited Hybrid Electric Car From Aptera Debuts In California

Registered as an enclosed motorcycle! That's the way to do it. Now the T-Rex and Can-Am Spyder have to make room for the new kid on the block.