Hybrid & Related News New cars, press releases, articles and more. Reply only. Have news?

Honda to stay with Insight, but no SUVs

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Steve:

___It’s the Acura RDX although now some are rethinking what Honda will do with it? Many of us Honda/Acura enthusiasts thought the upcoming RDX would have the AH’s VCM’ed V6 w/ IMA but now that appears less likely?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 01-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

i hope you don't mean hyundai

Old 01-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Flare,
Looks like a slip of the key...an odd one at that though :roll:. I meant Honda lol.

Wayne,
Thanks for the clarification...i knew I wasnt nutty.

Cheers,
Steven

Old 01-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chuck
Aw, nuts. I was really hoping that Honda would have a hybrid version of the Element. .
I was hoping for the same thing. Its seems like a perfect match.

Old 01-18-2005, 06:45 AM
Hybrid_SUV_Owner
Default No Honda hybrid SUV?

ALL,
I REALLY think this is a monumental mistake from Honda (not developing a hybrid SUV). They are missing out on what I feel is the next hot market. Let's face it, Americans don't want to give up the SUV. But if someone offers a chance to be just a bit greener without compromises, soccer moms everywhere will be driving it. Honda did a GREAT thing with Accord hybrid (i.e. use the IMA to boost power)...too bad they don't have the vision to do it to an SUV.
Honda motor will regret it when they are passed by the hybrid leaders at Toyota and Ford.

P.S.--If the selling price isn't too high, mark my words, the Highlander hybrid is gonna sell like hotcakes!

Nate Green

Old 01-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hybrid_SUV
P.S.--If the selling price isn't too high, mark my words, the Highlander hybrid is gonna sell like hotcakes!

Nate Green
Well, if many of our experiences are true (long waits, MSRP premiums, etc.) I have this strange feeling that the demand for the Highlander Hybrid will be huge. Possibly larger than for the Prius. With that said, it seems beyond likely those dealers who have been messing around with Prius hopefuls will do the same for Highlander hopefuls. Which means that posting boards will be even more full of frustrated potential buyers, and Toyota will once again have a winner that they can't get into the hands of buyers fast enough. I hope they project demand better this next go round so that Toyota provides the least opportunity for dealer "activities".