XM Radio Option in HCH 2006 w/out NAV

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Enthusiast
Default XM Radio Option in HCH 2006 w/out NAV

I am sure someone must have information about adding XM Satelite Radio to this car without going through the dealer. When I purchased my vehicle I was excited about having an XM radio and I assumed that "XM Ready" meant that it was easy and within a reasonable cost. I think the sales person must have been on crack because she told me that the dealer service was a whopping $800 to add the XM "ready" service. Once I found that out I realized what the "ready" part meant...
"ready" to screw me over. Since then I have spoken with a couple of car stereo places and they have suggested that to add a XM receiver they would need to go in behind the deck to attach the hardware. This would be in neighborhood of $200. I don't want to use the FM transmitter deck as I live in the SF Bay Area and getting a good signal from a FM transmitter does not work. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:05 AM
Enthusiastically Active
Default Re: XM Radio Option in HCH 2006 w/out NAV

Originally Posted by ejfreitag
I am sure someone must have information about adding XM Satelite Radio to this car without going through the dealer. When I purchased my vehicle I was excited about having an XM radio and I assumed that "XM Ready" meant that it was easy and within a reasonable cost. I think the sales person must have been on crack because she told me that the dealer service was a whopping $800 to add the XM "ready" service. Once I found that out I realized what the "ready" part meant...
"ready" to screw me over. Since then I have spoken with a couple of car stereo places and they have suggested that to add a XM receiver they would need to go in behind the deck to attach the hardware. This would be in neighborhood of $200. I don't want to use the FM transmitter deck as I live in the SF Bay Area and getting a good signal from a FM transmitter does not work. Thanks in advance for any advice.
LOTS of posts here about this very topic. Just do a search and you will find plenty of ideas.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:06 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: XM Radio Option in HCH 2006 w/out NAV

Yeah, do a search on here for the details.

But to make a long story short, the Honda hardware is $370 and the installation is a Federal project. Most people have opted to just buy a portable unit and plug it into the AUX jack.