XM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default XM Radio

The 06 Civic Hybrids that are classified as "XM Ready". Exactly what does this mean. Do you still have to buy a receiver or do you simply call XM Radio give them your radio number and subscribe.

Old 04-02-2006, 08:25 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: XM Radio

You still have to buy the XM radio kit from Honda that includes the receiver, antenna, and cables. I believe the kit runs about $400 plus installation, so it's not cheap!

Old 04-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There are a number of threads about this subject. Essentially, it's about a $900 including parts and installation. For some reason, not fully explained yet, the hybrid did not come with the components necessary, as did the other versions, so they can just input a code and turn it on.

Last edited by AZMerf; 04-02-2006 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Sorry

Originally Posted by dburanich
The 06 Civic Hybrids that are classified as "XM Ready". Exactly what does this mean. Do you still have to buy a receiver or do you simply call XM Radio give them your radio number and subscribe.
The annoying "XM ready" thing on your radio doesn't mean a **** thing unless you shell out $800 or more for the Honda XM unit, which the dealer has to install.

Forget about it. Buy a Delphi SkyFi 2, the entire unit plus car kit is $97 or less if you shop around. Buy a $5 cable with 3.5mm "headphone" jacks at each end, and you can plug it right into the SkyFi cradle and then into the Aux In plug by your shift ***. Activate the XM sibscription, hit the Aux button on the dash, and you have satellite radio and just saved $700.

Old 04-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

I hope Honda gets the message - this is a sucky deal.

Old 04-02-2006, 09:32 PM
04 prius 350,000km
Default Re: Sorry

Originally Posted by molex
The annoying "XM ready" thing on your radio doesn't mean a **** thing unless you shell out $800 or more for the Honda XM unit, which the dealer has to install.

Forget about it. Buy a Delphi SkyFi 2, the entire unit plus car kit is $97 or less if you shop around. Buy a $5 cable with 3.5mm "headphone" jacks at each end, and you can plug it right into the SkyFi cradle and then into the Aux In plug by your shift ***. Activate the XM sibscription, hit the Aux button on the dash, and you have satellite radio and just saved $700.

rofl i sell the delphi skyfi 2 at my workplace, they go for 200cnd!! personally I still don't believe the feature is worth it yet, I perfer to download my music still

Old 04-03-2006, 05:00 AM
Enthusiastically Active

The XM Roady and Roady XT are more streamlined, less expensive versions of the SkiFy. I bought my Roady XT for $39 after rebate and it came witha car kit.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Archslater
The XM Roady and Roady XT are more streamlined, less expensive versions of the SkiFy. I bought my Roady XT for $39 after rebate and it came witha car kit.
Roady is definitely cheaper, but in my research I ended up wanting the larger screen (easier to read when travelling 70), remote control and the nice big "tuning" ****.

Not saying the Roady is bad, but for me the SkyFi 2 has the features I wanted for a car unit.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Sorry

Originally Posted by philmcneal
rofl i sell the delphi skyfi 2 at my workplace, they go for 200cnd!! personally I still don't believe the feature is worth it yet, I perfer to download my music still
Which feature? The XM feature? Or the pause feature? The pause feature stinks BTW, because you can't fast forward yet. When you pause the radio, and then start it again, you have to either start back at the beginning of the segment you paused or at the end. That S_U_C_K_S and renders the pause feature essentially useless. It should pick up right where you paused it, like TIVO for XM. It's far from that.

Otherwise, I don't care to download music because it's too expensive and, unlike many people who somehow manage to justify it, downloading music for free IS stealing and I don't steal anything else so why should I steal music

Old 04-03-2006, 08:50 AM
YA RLY.

I have a better question: why can't I have both XM and Sirius? Why must Honda (and pretty much every other automaker) choose one? Why can't I choose one? Or both?

Dumb.

Quick Reply: XM Radio

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands