"Why" I originally cancelled The 2006 (HCH) Must-Read (Update On Saturday 22nd)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 09:04 PM
G.H. Contributor
Unhappy "Why" I originally cancelled The 2006 (HCH) Must-Read (Update On Saturday 22nd)

Hi Everyone: Situation Has Been (HANDLED) On Sat. 22nd Oct.

(READ-BELOW)

This is a "Very-Sad" post to me but here goes.

HCH W/Nav. & Accessories + Shipping..................................... $26,186.00
Total Labor To Install Accessories....................................... ......... 2,018.00
.................................................. .......................................Total $28,204.00

The Total For All The Accessories was $2,286.00
So to summarize this; my dealer is wanting to charge me full MSRP for vehicle and Full List for all the Accessories and then charge me ($2018.00) Labor to install the Accessories.

If this is not bad enough, then I am suppose to take a ($4,500.00) Hit on my 2005 Civic purchased from same dealer with 7,000 miles on it and not a scratch on it period. Approx. 7-Months old.

Next I am also expected to pay a (Processing-Fee) of ($298.00) to do the paper work.

So here is the bottom line to all of this, I owe "$7,000.00" Dollars on a 6-Month old new Civic and if I took them up on this 06 HCH I will end up owing "21,647.88" or (3-Times) what my balance is on my 2005 Civic.

I just cannot see it, so I called Dealer and said your "Free" to sell incoming 06 HCH to next person on your list of I just got to have it and don't care about price (Person).

I have purchased 7-8 Hondas from this dealer and their new philosophy is, full list on everything concerning the 06 HCH know matter who it is. I'm just glad that I went ahead today and pressed for the bottom line price and did not wait until the vehicle showed up to find out the new "Terms" if you will.

So, sad as it is for me to type this post I think it will be a guide to others to not take the pricing of this new 06 HCH for granted or a verbal/handshake deal, you better have it in writing and use this post as an example as to how dealers treat their old customers when it comes right down to (Profit). Friendship is out the door and Profit is in. As they say, "Buyer-Beware"

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 10-22-2005 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Finally; I Have Resolved The "Purchase-Of-2006-HCH"
Old 10-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Default Re: "Why" I Cancelled The 2006 (HCH)

Terry,
I hope you haven't totaly decided against getting an 06. Maybe there is a more reasonable dealer. $2K for installation. I guess if they priced it out piece by piece it may be their usual charge. But if you are getting a lot of accessories I would think they would cut a break. if my calculations are correct then assuming your accessories took 10 hours to put in they would be charging you $200/hour. What a rip off. Please post the dealers name again so we can know who to avoid.

Old 10-17-2005, 09:23 PM
G.H. Contributor
Unhappy Re: "Why" I Cancelled The 2006 (HCH)

Originally Posted by tbaleno
Terry,
I hope you haven't totaly decided against getting an 06. Maybe there is a more reasonable dealer. $2K for installation. I guess if they priced it out piece by piece it may be their usual charge. But if you are getting a lot of accessories I would think they would cut a break. if my calculations are correct then assuming your accessories took 10 hours to put in they would be charging you $200/hour. What a rip off. Please post the dealers name again so we can know who to avoid.
Hi Tom; The dealers name here local is
(Darrell Waltrip Honda) part of the (Hendricks Group).

I think Tom it's not just the Labor on the Install of accessories but just the "Greed-Factor" in general and I don't have to put up with it, so i'm not going to. I still have the opinion that the 06 HCH is a great vehicle but at this point I am not going to just "Completely-Push" (Logic and Common-Sense) out the door just to have one of these vehicles.

Still very much Saddens me at the response of this dealer that I have done business with for Many-Many yrs. Well, i'm not going to cry sour grapes but it really bothers me. Greed-Greed-Greed, is different than a fair profit margin in my mind.

Terry

Old 10-17-2005, 09:29 PM

I wonder if they realize what they did by charging so much. I bet any loyalty you had to them has been flushed down the toilet. Its harder to get new customers than to keep the old ones. Definatly look around online for new dealers. I think some people have said there are some large dealers online that will deal. Also, consider national dealers and flying to pick up your car and driving it back. You may spend $200 on air fare but you may end up saving much more than that if you are willing to driving it back from what ever state they happen to be in.

Oh, just noticed your numbers didn't add up. Did you make a typeo in your original post?

Old 10-17-2005, 09:38 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: "Why" I Cancelled The 2006 (HCH)

Originally Posted by tbaleno
I wonder if they realize what they did by charging so much. I bet any loyalty you had to them has been flushed down the toilet. Its harder to get new customers than to keep the old ones. Definatly look around online for new dealers. I think some people have said there are some large dealers online that will deal. Also, consider national dealers and flying to pick up your car and driving it back. You may spend $200 on air fare but you may end up saving much more than that if you are willing to driving it back from what ever state they happen to be in.

Oh, just noticed your numbers didn't add up. Did you make a typeo in your original post?
Thanks-Tom; I think you will appreciate this; right at this time , you might say that I am not in the best of moods when it comes to discussing dealers at the present moment. However, your comments are really (Appreciated) and I will think about them later when I "Cool-down" from this evenings dealings with this particular Dealer.

Tom; thanks for taking a look at the Figures. I added the accessories in again to the price of the HCH W/Nav + Shipping. Have (Corrected) now, thanks for the alert. Friends are great:

Take Care;

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 10-17-2005 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Left information out to Tom, Missed 1st time I read Post.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:58 PM

Sorry. Didn't mean to rub salt in the wounds.

Old 10-18-2005, 04:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Terry,

All kidding aside, I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. I know you had your heart set on the new 06. I wonder like Tom says if you can find an 06 with Nav from another deal around, and perhaps wait on some of the other accessories. Maybe add them later?

Dealers are probably not the most cost effective route for purchasing add ons. It might be cheaper to purchase them from another source and pay somebody local to do the installation if you're not comfortable doing it yourself.

Keep your chin up buddy, I know things will work out. Too bad about your dealer, they really are cutting their own throats.

Mike

Old 10-18-2005, 07:12 AM
Enthusiast

Well it's still cheaper than the Prius. It's still a great car...and nicely priced. Of course most dealers are going to sell for MSRP because they can...there are plenty out there that are willing to pay that. I am one of them...I own a compact SUV, and have been waiting a while to get a hybrid, but just recently discovered more about them. I was one of the, "Oh, I don't want a car that I have to plug in and that barely runs..." kind of people.

Without the NAV system, it's very cheap. Unless you do home-to-home business, or deliveries, etc., why get it? It's expensive, I think.

Old 10-18-2005, 07:17 AM
Brains of the Operation

Tigerhonaker,

I'm very sorry to hear about your troubles. I wonder, though, how much cheaper you'll be able to get it from another dealer. I suspect not many dealers are going to be willing to sell for less than MSRP, and how much can they really knock off a $2000 accessory installation charge? Maybe a few hundred? I feel that, if you can't get any special deals from your hometown dealership to whom you've been loyal for years, it's not likely you'll find them anywhere else. Have you tried looking at any leftover 2005 HCH's in your region? There are a few scattered about down here, and I bet a great deal could be had on the outgoing models. Of course, this is coming from the person who started the thread asking whether any other '05 owners were jealous of the new cars and wish they had waited...

Robby

Old 10-18-2005, 07:18 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

I too am sorry to hear about your experience. I wouldn't take it personally however. On a car with a comparatively limited production run and a high demand, any dealer is going to hold out for the most they can get, regardless of who they are dealing with. It's not so much they're out to get you, they're out to get anyone and figure there will be enough people willing to pay so they can pick and choose. Why give you a $1000 break when someone will walk in next week and give them what they want? It stinks for sure, but a car dealership is about the last place I'd expect any kind of loyalty anyway.

I used to sell Acura's in 1990. I was there when we got the new 1991 Legends on the lot. I remember we got one green, one blue, and five gold. You could get 1-2K off the sticker if you wanted a gold one. Green or blue - full sticker, no exceptions (over color!!! Had fun explaining that one... ). I had a customer who wanted the green one and they sent him packing because he wanted something like a $750 deal off sticker. I asked why would they do that? Because the can was the answer. The green car will sell, and someone will pay for it. Sure enough, the green car didn't last a week when someone came in an paid full price.

If there is a dime in your pocket that a car dealership thinks it can take, it will. And if they believe there is another buyer behind you with more dimes in their pocket, they'll send you on your way and wait for them.

Quick Reply: "Why" I originally cancelled The 2006 (HCH) Must-Read (Update On Saturday 22nd)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands