whats different in Civic Hybrid 2010?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: whats different in Civic Hybrid 2010?

Originally Posted by borisattva
polished metal is one of the 2 colors i considered in the 09 models. alabaster silver was another.

unfortunately, neither truly grabs me. i was really disappointed to see that the opal silver blue metallic was discontinued. depending on lighting available, the car would look green, blue or silver. very unique from my perspective, as opposed to the ordinary blah colors on HCH this year..
that color also make the car look spotless even though i never once took it to a carwash, and abused it in some pretty extreme weather.

i'm surprised and annoyed to see alloy wheels that are made to look like cheap hub caps. the fact that the center cup is easily removable by prankster, is not a plus either.

tacky 80's styling steering wheel design (spoke going through the bottom? WHY?), and still no option for an OEM sunroof (aftermarkets have a tendency to leak) 6 years later, sad.

if there is a chance that any one of those would be remedied i'd wait till september. the 2010 Insight styling gives me hope, and i almost bought it, until i tried to sit in the rear seats, and found out my knees were pierced into the drivers seat, and my toes had no room to go under.

if Insight is honda's one-trick-pony for the 2010 HH, i just might give Ford Fusion Hybrid a chance..
Sounds like you don't want an HCHII. How many miles on your current car? Maybe wait fir the HCHIII, PriusIII, or Fusion.

Oh. I like that color too.

nf

Old 05-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by noflash
Sounds like you don't want an HCHII. How many miles on your current car? Maybe wait fir the HCHIII, PriusIII, or Fusion.

Oh. I like that color too.

nf
it got 120,000 so its getting to the point that the hybrid battery might fail, and i dont want to wait until it does. riding a motorcyle 70 miles to the office every day rain or shine is not very appealing.

i looked for fusion hybrids and every near by dealer is sold out, when i asked for an ETA for a restock, i never got a reply.

i saw the blue interior in person today on a HCHII, and i liked it.
the dash i'm still not happy with, but i got to the point where i can tolerate it. if i can get a good deal on a 09 silver w blue i'll take it. if not i'll wait to see if i can look past the ugly exterior of the '10 prius, or give other hybrids a chance.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Think green.

Speaking of your favorite HCH color...today I saw four 2004 opal silver blue metallic HCHs in the span of about 5 miles. It was like someone had cloned my car!

Good luck with whatever you decide. It's too bad that Ford hasn't made their Fusion hybrid more available.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Arrow Re: whats different in Civic Hybrid 2010?

Originally Posted by Gairwyn
It's too bad that Ford hasn't made their Fusion hybrid more available.
Ford's sales have been too good, so they are tempering their success by limiting high-demand vehicles.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Think green.

In other "Ford news"...while my husband was out of town, I "discovered" the '68 Ford Mustang convertible sitting under that pile of junk in our garage. I cleaned it up enough that now you can see the front seats and dashboard...woo! He has no respect for that poor thing. I should paint it opal silver blue metallic. (Just kidding.)

Old 05-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Enthusiast

The 2010 Honda Insight is nothing like the original. Unlike the original Insight, it has a back seat. Unlike the Civic Hybrid, it has unique sheetmetal.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Arrow Rumors and sketch of new 2012 Civic Hybrid

Click here: Rumors and sketch of new 2012 Civic Hybrid

Last edited by stevenvillatoro; 05-10-2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Enthusiast

just to follow up on my original inquiry,
on Thursday i picked up my new HCH '09 Silver w/ Blue Interior and a Navi and a bunch of ext/int extras to blanket them under the extended warranty.

pretty much all of my pre-purchase concerns have been eliminated after the 1st day of driving. i love this car. a fitting successor to the '03 model.

next i'll be trying to figure out if its worth to install a moon roof, and a tow hitch for a bike rack.

thanks again for all the feedback

Old 05-16-2009, 12:23 PM

Hope you enjoy your HCH2. Sounds like a nice color combination, I have yet to see this color with blue interior. I have a hidden hitch 1 1/4" for my bike rack. Works great! I also have Yakima racks for my 11 cubic Yakima tote trunk and Kayak rack. All set up for travel and camping . Great car! Hal

Old 05-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Enthusiast

looks like i unintentionally hijacked my own thread here.

harold:

is this what you have:
http://www.hidden-hitch.com/p-60822/...nda_Civic.html ?

if so, did that have any impact on the warranty?

thanks

Quick Reply: whats different in Civic Hybrid 2010?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands