What are my chances

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default What are my chances

I just purchased a 2007 civic hybrid. I love it.

I didnt know enough about the access stickers before I purchased this though and am some fearful that i will not receive plate information in time.

I am going to send in an application right away, without the plate info (just in case) but wanted to see if someone more in the know could point me in the right direction.

Thanks all!

David

Old 01-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What are my chances

You need a plate number on the application.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Enthusiast

If you look on DMV web site it says in red letters, that you need the permanent plate number. I just sent mine in a week ago. My dealer got me my plates in 3 days after I purchased my 07.

Old 01-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My dealer was able to get the hard plates for me one day after my purchase. I guess they sent someone down to DMV. Your dealer should be able to do the same!

Incidentally, it doesn't hurt to submit the application without the plates... it's only $8. I actually had three applications submitted for mine!!! The first was before I had plates or the vehicle (though I had already legally purchased it)... the second application was submitted when the vehicle arrived (temp tag)... the last app was submitted a day later later when the plates arrived. DMV rejected the first app and returned my check. The second and third apps were accepted and checks cashed... but I only received one set of stickers! They should have returned another check, but it's only $8... no biggie!