what to do

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default what to do

Okay all,

I have a question and perhaps someone will know. I ordered a car back on march 13th at like 400 bux before the old msrp. Now my car has finally arrived and we know that the msrp has changed. How can they give you one set of numbers and then change it midstream. Anyone have any suggestions?

A question, when do the dealers get invoiced, do they get invoiced when they order the car or after it's been built?

Please let me know,
Jayson

Old 04-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: what to do

If they gave you a price in $ they should honor it or you should walk (they will still make plenty of money off you). If they said this many $below MSRP you might be inclined to accept that.

Old 04-24-2006, 03:06 PM

MSRP did indeed change. It used to be $21850 or thereabouts, but now it's $22100. If they promised "$400 below MSRP", then that's $21700 now. On the other hand, if they explicitly promised $21450 then that's $21450. But keep in mind oral promises are worthless; it has to be in writing to be enforceable.

Old 04-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well it is in writing, I have the contract that explicitly said the price of the car before the msrp adjustment. They had it at at 23700. They put all the prices in there (including my trade in allowance, they told me the trade in was only good for 5 days but they didn't say anything about anything else)

I talked with the salesperson though today. I think I'm good. He's going to give me the car at 23850 instead of the 24200 that it's supposed to be. I guess it's good that it's still gonna be below msrp but still it's the principle of the thing. If I ordered anything else and had it in writing they'd be forced to honor the agreement. Why should a car be any different?

Jayson

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands