What Are The 2006 Civic Hybrid Colors ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 02:57 PM
G.H. Contributor
Question What Are The 2006 Civic Hybrid Colors ??

Does anyone out there know what the 2006 Colors are on the Civic Hybrid?

If so would you share that information with me. (Please)

The color I am really wanting to know about is (Magnetic-Pearl)

Car will be in on the 1st of Nov. or last week of Oct. and I really would like to know what color is it?

Regards;

Terry

My real question I should have said (What-Color-Is-Magnetic-Pearl) ???????
Meaning is it like (Pearl-White) ? Or What ?
Added this on 9/13/05 @10:42 PM

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 09-13-2005 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What Are The 2006 Civic Hybrid Colors ??

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Does anyone out there know what the 2006 Colors are on the Civic Hybrid?

If so would you share that information with me. (Please)

The color I am really wanting to know about is (Magnetic-Pearl)

Car will be in on the 1st of Nov. or last week of Oct. and I really would like to know what color is it?

Regards;

Terry
http://www.autobytel.com/content/sha...cle_id_int/717

Here is the point in the AutobyTel article on the 2006 Hybrid that talks about the colors. It's only part of the article.

Old 09-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

The pic embedded in that link showing the rear taillight and surrounding area shows the car in Magnetic Pearl, I believe. From what I've heard, it's a very dark gray, and looks nice, from what I've seen. Similar to the Graphite Pearl that's available on the Accord.

This color, along with the silver, will feature a two-tone dk blue/ivory interior (blue on the seating surfaces, ivory on the seatbacks). Color coordinated trim as well. All the other colors will have ivory interior. As my current Accord has ivory leather (nice, but shows dirt easily), I'm looking to go with the darker color interior if I get this car.

On a related note, I stopped by my local dealer last night, and they received their first shipment of EX/LX sedans. Drove the EX-Navi around a little bit in the lot - it's much improved, I think. But - there is NO trip computer (instantaneous) built into the Navi. So, no FCD of any type unless you buy the hybrid - and then, you will only have the upper dash instantaneous display (I don't know about the averaging display, but I'm sure it'll have one or two...at least I hope)

Old 09-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Car will be in on the 1st of Nov. or last week of Oct.
Terry
I hate you Terry!!

Old 09-13-2005, 08:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

One sweet ride, but needs more COLOR!

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/sh....php?i=531&c=6

Old 09-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Those wheels are just fugly... I know... aerodynamics and all, but still... G'uh!

Old 09-13-2005, 09:16 PM

Hi All:

___Sorry for the slightly OT post …

___Reynold’s, are you sure the 06 non-hybrid EX w/ NAVI did not have an FCD in a TC display? Info button --> TC. Without that, the NAVI becomes more of a once a month toy then an everyday must have tool. Honda really screwed up if they left that feature out of the 06 non-hybrid Civic’s NAVI imho. That is exactly the way the 05 TL’s w/ NAVI come equipped (lack of TC w/ FCD). Very stupid move on Honda’s part

___Thanks for the info and update.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 09-14-2005, 12:37 PM

Heh, there was a photo gallery with tons of pictures of the Magnetic Pearl hybrid, and a few of the silver, but I can't find it now. Anyway Magnetic Pearl is a combination of dark gray and blue.

If I buy the car, I'd consider having it custom painted with a color of my choosing. I like bright good-looking colors that stand out, but all the Honda colors seem designed to be as inconspicuous as possible.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xcel
___Reynold’s, are you sure the 06 non-hybrid EX w/ NAVI did not have an FCD in a TC display? Info button --> TC. Without that, the NAVI becomes more of a once a month toy then an everyday must have tool. Honda really screwed up if they left that feature out of the 06 non-hybrid Civic’s NAVI imho. That is exactly the way the 05 TL’s w/ NAVI come equipped (lack of TC w/ FCD). Very stupid move on Honda’s part
I specifically looked for it, as I have it on my Accord. Was really bummed that it didn't have it, because I was debating an EX-Navi, vs the hybrid. But without the instantaneous FCD, I'd skip the Navi, myself.

The motorized flip down panel on the Navi (to load the CD / DVD / PC card)didn't impress me, either - you can tell they're going after youth with that one

I confirmed with the salesperson - he told me another buyer turned down the EX-Navi vs. the hybrid for the *exact* same reason. Which tells me this car's getting a lot of attention, and there'll be a dealers' market for some months to come. That's ok...I'm not buying until January, anyway

Old 09-14-2005, 02:21 PM

Hi Reynold’s:

___Thanks for the reply as it had me thinking … I had the Accord and MDX’s oil changed today (my 0W-20 and SuperTech 7317’s in both) and had the opportunity to take an EX w/ NAVI out for 20 + minutes … I am not at all impressed with the NAVI (lack of TC as you mentioned) and especially the mechanism. The lack of the TC/FCD is an absolute deal breaker. At a $2K premium above the LX for the sunroof, alloy wheels, rear discs, and an external temp gauge let alone the $1,500 + for the NAVI, I simply don’t see it. I would love to take an LX out for about 2 weeks to see if she is actually worth 55 mpg though

___I do want to comment on a few other items … Interior is quiet at speed. Stereo setup of the LX and EX knocks the Prius II system all to hell including the upgraded JBL setup! The seat height adjuster isn’t bad for a manual. It works but it sure isn’t like the Accord’s power everything seats I did like the headrests that are tilted much further forward then the previous gen Civic as I think they are much safer and closer to your head in case of an accident. I did not like the two/three tiered instrument cluster. The speedo is a std. Insight like digital on the top row and has good placement (I like that part) but the Tach is sitting right smack dab in the middle of the second row between the wheel overwhelming all else. The third row of information (trip distance, odo, outside temp) was almost blocked the way I had the tilt/telescopic wheel set for me? Steering wheel … I can see many grabbing the Euro Civic’s leather wrapped one as an accessory. The plasticy/rubbery one didn’t do it for me. The front seats thigh bolsters were a little close but you would get used to those pretty quick. Rear seat leg room felt about the same as the current Civic. A little tight but survivable. Head room in the rear is slightly better then the Prius II but it too is a tight fit. The exterior corners have all but disappeared while driving. It is a good thing it has a very short front and rear overhang because knowing where the corners are was a guess at best. Something an owner would get used to quickly however. Absolutely love the EX’s 16” alloys. Better looking then anything Honda is offering on any of the 06 MY lineup! The front dash and interior was awfully busy with angles of all sorts jutting out all over the place. The scheme and material look and feel was good but there wasn’t a semi-flat smooth surface in the front of the car. Just a bit busy is all. Performance was nice. Performed a few FAS’ and the tranny behaved as it should. Did find it locked out of gear while in D at a stop sign and wasn’t sure what that was all about? Shifted it back to P and back to D and all was well. I actually wish that ICE was in my Accord! The Accord w/ its I4 has more then enough power for me as it sits but I would like to grab another 3 or 4 mpg of the 6 mpg that the Civic offers over and above the Accord is all. The non-hybrid Civic was nicely done on the powertrain side. Quiet and lots of oomph yet excellent FE for a non-hybrid. 60 mph at ~ 1,950 RPM was really something out of a compact! That is where Honda received most of the FE improvement over the 38 hwy of the previous gen LX/EX imho.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Quick Reply: What Are The 2006 Civic Hybrid Colors ??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands