We made the CU most reliable list!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default We made the CU most reliable list!

HCH 2005 made the list according to CU, and hybrids in general are showing above average quality (since most are made by Toyota and Honda that is no big surprise):

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/10/26/...ble/index.html

Notice the preponderance of Honda and Toyota, with a sprinking of Subaru, Nissan, and Mazda. The Monte Carlo stands alone as the only non-Japanese car to make the list.

Bad news about Nissan too, looks like they no longer meet the grade as a reliable high-quality manufacturer as only their luxury Infiniti line made the list at all, and some of their Nissan branded models made the worst quality list. The big 5 (in terms of quality) may have become the big 4.

- Kurt

Old 10-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: We made the CU most reliable list!

I'm pleasantly shocked the HCH outranked even Corolla. Not surprised at all that 22 bottom-feeders were US-made.

Old 10-28-2005, 06:10 AM
Energy Independence!
Default Re: We made the CU most reliable list!

Originally Posted by kmh3
Bad news about Nissan too, looks like they no longer meet the grade as a reliable high-quality manufacturer as only their luxury Infiniti line made the list at all, and some of their Nissan branded models made the worst quality list. The big 5 (in terms of quality) may have become the big 4.

- Kurt
Perhaps the reason for that is the Nissan-Renault partnership. Nissan employs plenty of Renault components, and viceversa.

I once had a Renault 12, one of the very first front wheel drive vehicles available in the mid-70s. It really had a lot of performance and handled better than almost anything available at the time (in the price range of course).

However, when it came to reliability, the thing sucked big-time. I won't bug you with the details, but the last straw was when the aluminum head just cracked for no reason.