Upgrading 07 HCH Audio?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Upgrading 07 HCH Audio?

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
Arbittan:
What are you doing with the old rear speakers? I have a friend who may be interested in purchasing some for her Accord.
I will post them on eBay. I have a lot of other Civic Parts that I removed from the Hybrid there also if you are interested in those peices.

The shipping is what cost though.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:46 PM

I have installed the Bass Kit from Honda. I will have a full write on my website by Tuesday www.abittans.com

Old 11-18-2007, 03:46 PM

I have posted the instructions to install the Bass Stereo Kit in a Honda Civic Hybrid.

Enjoy!!

www.abittans.com under automotive

Old 11-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for your instructions, arbittan.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:04 PM

Welcome!

Old 11-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Enthusiast

so what do you think of the premium speakers?

Old 11-21-2007, 05:38 AM

I too would like to know how well the bass kit performs over the stock setup.

arbittan, do you have one of those home theatre surround test CDs? They can be great for testing and tuning low frequency response. Look for one that has both a bass frequency sweep and separate tracks in 5Hz increments.

Has anyone attempted to put bass bins around their rear deck speakers? This could be as simple as "Bass Boomer" plastic cones from an auto shop or empty food jars, fixed to the underside with velcro tape or better, to using more conventional box enclosures. I don't think that the factory setup is unacceptable, but it could use some bass boost.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:10 PM

I audio is okay. It does fill in where the stock speakers stop. The only problem I have with it is with "Hits" Music. Like XM 30 or 29. The bass is thump thump thump.

But playing music like Hannah Montana sounds good. County sounds good, Classical sounds good, some old Johnny Cash sound really good.

For a more precise audio sampling, I would need to purchase that software Spinner wrote about.

It is worth the $275.00 to upgrade the speakers. The only other option is to go to Best Buy and purchase a new system. But again, I didn't want to have wires cut or removed or have thick amp cables run from the battery...

Old 11-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arbittan
Anyone interested in the Bass Audio Kit for the Honda Civic to upgrade the sound, I will be posting my results to the installation and my assessment to the sound.

Thanks
Hey arbittan, do you live in or around San Francisco by any chance? Id love to hear this speaker set up, I am considering it, but need to hear it first.

Old 11-25-2007, 06:39 PM

No, I live on the East Coast...

You might be able to get a local Honda Dealer install them in another car or ask if they have a Honda Civic in service that might have that setup...

Sorry.. Good Luck

Quick Reply: Upgrading 07 HCH Audio?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands