Traded in HCH II for Si sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Traded in HCH II for Si sedan

I wanted to put the fun back into driving, so I traded in my 2006 HCH II for a 2007 Si sedan. The HCH II was more fun to drive than the Prius. But, I wanted something more spirited. I knew this going in when I bought it. But, when I was at the dealer to check out the numbers for the Si sedan they offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. I always wanted a Si, but they only offered them in a 2 door version, until now. I know it isn't as economical as a hybrid. But, I enjoy driving a lot more now. I have been averaging about 26 mpg, I cannot stop using the V-TECH. But, I will use the driving techniques from the hybrid over to the Si sedan. I will check in here every once in awhile to see what is going on. This place has helped me a lot acheive a lot with the HCH II.

Last edited by exbauer; 03-10-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Traded in HCH II for Si sedan

That's great, ex, congrats on that. I considered this car as well; I'm sure its a blast to drive. Feelin' the Dark Grey as well..

Old 03-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Enthusiast

I actually perfer the Honda Civic 4 door over the Acura TSX because it out performs it in everyway. With Navigation, it would actually be similiar to the TSX without leather. I rather have the sportier seats over the TSX anyday tho. Good choice!

Old 03-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Energy Independence

Very nice, ex! I like that rear spoiler, and those rims. too.
Do keep in touch.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:47 PM

Thanks for the comments. I thought about getting the TSX when I got the hybrid, but getting an upgraded Honda Accord didn't feel right. Also, I could get all the features like navi and auto climate for about $10,000 less. The only thing I don't like about the Si is having to use premium gas. I guess you have to pay for performance.

Last edited by exbauer; 03-10-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:28 PM

The Si must be getting popular. The dealership where I bought my HCH had several in its lot the other day in various colors. In fact, they had just sold one and the happy couple were getting ready to drive it off.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:43 PM

well, i think they are not selling that well. that is why dealers have a lot of them. the hardcore Si followers don't believe it should be a sedan. but, if the BMW M3 is offered in a coupe and sedan, then the Si should be also. i like the convience of having a sedan.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by exbauer
well, i think they are not selling that well. that is why dealers have a lot of them.
When I mentioned all the Si's to one of the salesmen, he confirmed their popularity. They'd just gotten a large shipment because they needed one -- they're selling quickly. Kinda like hybrids when gas is $3/gal.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:48 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Traded in HCH II for Si sedan

Nice, Very-Nice Ride. I thought about one of them myself. I was thinking of the Very Bright Red Color.

Well I know you will enjoy it I have owned many Si's in the past and they are really a very fun car.

Terry (tiger)

Old 03-19-2007, 08:18 AM

Thanks for the comment. I was thinking about getting the Habenero Red...but, when I looked at it it was too orange. Then the Rallye Red was too bright and worried about the Honda curse of fading reds. So, I got the Galaxy Grey since that it didn't have the tan interior like the Hybrids come with and looks clean when it is dirty.

Quick Reply: Traded in HCH II for Si sedan

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands