Tint in SoCal area

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Tint in SoCal area

I just got my car tinted from Best Window Tinting in Tustin, CA. The tint really helps keep the car cool and reduces the amount of A/C I use thus improving my FE.

I decided to with 35% fronts, 25% rears. I paid $160 out the door. I was very impressed with the quality of work from this company and wanted to share my experince. The tint looks very natural as if it came from the factory that way. They give a lifetime warranty on their work. They use a non metallic tint so it will not cause any interference with the navi or satellite radio signal.

Best Window Tinting
3045 Edinger Ave.
Tustin, Ca. 92780
949-263-6700

Old 05-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tint in SoCal area

I used to live in Tustin Ranch (until about 4 months ago). I'm about ready to go hunting for a tinting place, but perhaps I'll just go to this place. I hate looking for things and after trying to locate a new vehicle in the current climate, the less I have to hunt for things the better.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I decided to with 35% fronts, 25% rears
Does this refer to transmittance or absorbance? (if transmittance, 25% would be darker than 35%, if absorbance, vice versa) I'm near your location and considering having my windows tinted, although I'm a bit concerned about getting a fix-it ticket for having the fronts tinted. (I believe legal limit in California is somewhere around 77% total transmittance for front windows, not much more than plain glass)

The main reason is that as it is, this summer thanks to my current schedule, I need to leave my car parked for long periods of time in the sun, so the interior of the car can get very hot even with all the windows cracked. I will usually roll all the windows down and in some cases leave the doors open (not while moving) as I get in clear this heat, but I'm concerned that the heat cycling might diminish the lifespan of the battery pack. However, I would like to avoid the "limo" look of having only the rears tinted and not the fronts.

Last edited by Double-Trinity; 05-30-2006 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:15 AM

I would like to have my windows tinted. But it is illegal to have the front window tinted in IL. Otherwise I would have gotten it done already. I use to live in TX where it was legal. Wish I knew somebody that could write me a perscription to have my windows tinted.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Double-Trinity
Does this refer to transmittance or absorbance? (if transmittance, 25% would be darker than 35%, if absorbance, vice versa) I'm near your location and considering having my windows tinted, although I'm a bit concerned about getting a fix-it ticket for having the fronts tinted. (I believe legal limit in California is somewhere around 77% total transmittance for front windows, not much more than plain glass)

The main reason is that as it is, this summer thanks to my current schedule, I need to leave my car parked for long periods of time in the sun, so the interior of the car can get very hot even with all the windows cracked. I will usually roll all the windows down and in some cases leave the doors open (not while moving) as I get in clear this heat, but I'm concerned that the heat cycling might diminish the lifespan of the battery pack. However, I would like to avoid the "limo" look of having only the rears tinted and not the fronts.
The rear windows are darker than the front windows. According to what the shop told me for California, front side windows must allow more than 70% of light in. Legally this is the darkest they could do.

Old 05-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've never done tinting because I've worried about the durability of the film. In windy / dusty Anaheim Hills, I'm afraid that every time I open the window it'll be like sandpaper against the film. How scratch resistant are today's tinting films?

Old 05-31-2006, 01:52 AM
Enthusiast

I got my tinting done at Super Autobacs with True Grey 6% rear and 50% front. They use Solar-Gard HP film that comes with lifetime warranty. Cost was $140 (I got a hookup)

Old 05-31-2006, 03:23 AM

I have 15% in the front, and 5% in the rear (transmittance). Have yet to have a problem with authorities. And I live in California, in Los Angeles.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

Just get a California Legal tint and you'll be fine. Every tint shop knows what that means.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-31-2006, 11:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Scratching over time is the reason I'd never get it.

Quick Reply: Tint in SoCal area

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands