Tax credit phaseout timeframe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 08:34 AM
Enthusiast
Default Tax credit phaseout timeframe?

Is there any indication as to when Honda is going to hit the 60,000 number to trigger the tax credit phaseout? Knowing when the $2100 will turn into $1050 will help with budgeting.

We just got a HCH2 over the weekend and are considering a second one but it probably wouldn't be until the end of 2007 at the earliest. The idea is to get a car close to the end of 2007 and put down a cash downpayment of $4200 (the combined rebate on both cars, which i would then get back shortly after the new year when i file my taxes.)

Thanks!

Old 01-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tax credit phaseout timeframe?

They sold about 37,500 last year, and by June they had sold 19,500. So, they may hit the mark in June, which means you would have six months (June being the end of the quarter they hit 60,000) to buy and still be eligible for the full tax credit).

My best guess, however is even that is unlikely given how sales have fallen for the Accord Hybrid and without a new hybrid coming out (is that right? Or am I forgetting something? I know they want to replace the Insight with another dedicated hybrid, but I can't think of when it's supposed to come out). Chances are you'll be good for all of 2007.