Sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Sunroof

Why would you loose 5 mpg's. I doubt it would have any effect. I think it's bs that the Civic can't be dressed up with leather, roof, etc. I guess they want to keep the goodies for the Accord.

Old 05-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm not suggesting real world mileage is any different (I don't have that data). I'm just suggesting that the EPA testing and rating methodology is different for the 2005 vs. the 2006 Accord Hybrid because of the weight class that the sunroof and spare tire puts the car in! Basically it just says the EPA testing methodology is screwed up - which is pretty much common knowledge.

Eric

Old 05-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

So, basically I gather that the very means of putting a sunroof in won't impact the MPG much (when the sunroof is not in use) and might effect it only slightly when it is in use?

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-08-2006, 04:59 AM
Enthusiastically Active

I used to own an Integra GS-R with sunroof. I definitely did not hypermile and routinely took it to its 8100 rpm redline and still managed to get close to its 31 mpg EPA highway rating on the highway (28-30). I can't imagine a sunroof would have much of an impact on FE. If anything, I used the air cond. less with the sunroof, which would help.

Old 05-08-2006, 05:12 AM
YA RLY.

I miss my sunroof

Old 05-08-2006, 05:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sledge
I miss my sunroof
I have a moonroof in my Toyota Tacoma right now and use it more than the AC. I don't like having the windows down blowing in my face and my wife doesn't either. We'll be having a baby soon and I don't think the child will like the back windows down, either. Sunroof is the only way to go. Fortunately, the dealer I aim to be purchasing from will put one in for me and my wife approves (thus far).

I don't know if I'll be able to do without a sun/moon roof.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-08-2006, 06:09 AM
Enthusiast

Is the roof powered or does it flip open? How much did he charge you for the roof. I'd love to get one?

Old 05-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by traderfjp
Is the roof powered or does it flip open? How much did he charge you for the roof. I'd love to get one?
From Pacific Honda, San Diego. The sunroof is motor and $1,000 - $1,500. I haven't purchased it yet, they only quoted me, and I'm more inclined to think it'll lean towards the $1,500 than the $1k, only because every place I've ever been quoted (including 3rd parties) always say $1,500. It is not a fliptop.

My only concern is where the button to open is. If its at the top near the sunroof (where most are located) then I'll have the same problem I have now: whenever I open/close it I sometimes get the tendancy to upset the person behind me... couldn't figure out why for a couple years until my friend followed me one day and asked why I can't flipping him off... I said (I'm not)... turns out, opening/closing it in my truck, the finger gave the "wrong impression".

This time around, I want it where my wife's Acura has it, on the driver door.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-08-2006, 07:49 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shawnb
My only concern is where the button to open is. If its at the top near the sunroof (where most are located) then I'll have the same problem I have now: whenever I open/close it I sometimes get the tendancy to upset the person behind me... couldn't figure out why for a couple years until my friend followed me one day and asked why I can't flipping him off... I said (I'm not)... turns out, opening/closing it in my truck, the finger gave the "wrong impression".
Or you could do like I did in the CRV and just push the button with your thumb.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hmm... just got a call from the dealer, they won't put the sunroof in. They say it'll "seriously" effect my fuel economy by 15MPG or more and as such, they refuse to put it in. I doubt its more than even 1 or 2 MPG when it is closed. I know in my truck, I have it open almost perpetually and my MPG is exactly the same but, I'm not the Hybrid tech so what do I know.

Thanks,
Shawn

Quick Reply: Sunroof

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands