Snow Tire Season coming (How did the Blizzack REVOs hold up last year?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Snow Tire Season coming (How did the Blizzack REVOs hold up last year?)

Well, it's getting to be that time of year again. We ordered the Blizzack REVOs for last year and found that they did not handle as well as our previous experience with the Blizzack WS series (WS-15 & WS-50).

Some of that can be attributed to loss of Traction and Stability control (we came from 2 bimmers), yet there was more than one time we slid through a STOP sign!

Now I need to buy a set for the coming winter ( for the other HCHII) and I see the WS-60s are out.

Any opinions on the REVO's v. WS v. some other brand?

Thanks, nf

Old 10-12-2007, 07:42 AM
Default Re: Snow Tire Season coming (How did the Blizzack REVOs hold up last year?)

Well, I went with the WS-60s and Sport Edition D3s.

The new WS's should really be outstanding in the snow. They are marked at $79/each. I asked for a discount since we were a bit disappointed with last year's REVOs and got them for retail -- $70 each.

There were cheaper rims weighing more than 17 lbs each, but I went with the D3s at 15.5 lbs. They were on a closeaout price of $69 each.

This is my second snow tire package from the Tirerack.com and I higly recommend them.

Let it snow!!

P.S. Since these will be a bit stickier I am putting this set on our "Family" HCHII. And the old package will go on my "Commuter" HCHII.

P.P.S. Anyone know where I can get some Honda center caps?

Last edited by noflash; 10-12-2007 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Snow Tire Season coming (How did the Blizzack REVOs hold up last year?)

Hey alter-ego ... I have no complaints about the Blizzak REVO 1 (195/65/QR-15) that I installed last year. These will be going on in another month and might even last me through a third winter. That is what is nice - you spend $800 once (if mounting to a separate set of wheels) and use them 3 seasons so the cost is now just $300 a year (remember to account for the cost of installing the wheels at the local shop). What a bargain for 4 wheels and 4 dedicated snow tires.

Edit: I should take a photo of my winter tires after one season and about 10,000 miles of use and that will help out the masses.

Bridgestone Blizzak 195/65/QR-15 winter tire on Sport Edition E2 tire

Stock vs Sport Edition E2 wheel with Blizzak tire

Stock setup vs. Winter setup

Old 10-18-2007, 07:24 AM

I just got the WS-60s on Tuesday. I'll have them on one HCHII and the REVOs on the other; so I'll be able to make a direct comparison.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Old 10-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Think green.

What's the difference between the Blizzak WS-50 and the Blizzak WS-60?
I know the 60's are a newer model, so I haven't seen any customer reviews on the WS-60. Looking at the specs, it seems that the WS-50 has a tread depth of 13/32" and the WS-60 is 11/32".
I suppose anything's better than my current original Dunlops; the tread depth is down to about 4/32".

Old 10-18-2007, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Gairwyn
What's the difference between the Blizzak WS-50 and the Blizzak WS-60?
10!

Seriously, I'm sure not much.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Think green.

Originally Posted by noflash
10!
Thanks!
(I swear, I'm driving myself loopy trying to figure out what tires to put on my car.)

Old 10-18-2007, 03:36 PM

Blizzacks are great on snow , but will not last long on pavement! H

Old 10-18-2007, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gairwyn
Thanks!
(I swear, I'm driving myself loopy trying to figure out what tires to put on my car.)
Sorry, I couldn't help it.

The REVOs are a good value and a good tire. Unfortunately, they were a new line and did not please customers as much as hoped.

The REVO's were s'posed to be better in slush than snow. Previous WS owners complained and the REVO's were canceled to be replaced by the latest WS -- the WS-60.

Personally, I have had a few great sets of WS's and slid through stop signs with the REVO's.

FWIW.

Good luck!

Old 10-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Think green.

Does anyone have any experience, or heard any feedback regarding the Nokian Hakkapeliita RSi? They sound like they might be a good choice.

The price I'm getting quoted is only a few dollars more than the Blizzak WS-60's.

Last edited by Gairwyn; 12-03-2007 at 06:40 PM. Reason: dead link

Quick Reply: Snow Tire Season coming (How did the Blizzack REVOs hold up last year?)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands