Salvaged '04 HCHI on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 08:24 AM
Active Enthusiast
Exclamation Salvaged '04 HCHI on Ebay

I saw this and thought I'd pass it on in case some of our more handy GH members were interested. Take a look -- lots of pics. I'm not associated with these folks in any way, ok?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...ayphotohosting

Don

Old 01-22-2006, 09:19 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast
Default Re: Salvaged '04 HCHI on Ebay

That's a little sad to look at. Same color as mine, just a year older. Hope someone is able to restore it.

Old 01-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

--

Last edited by xcel; 12-02-2007 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah, I'd think that at the price it is now, you *might* be able to do ok parting it out. I wonder if the power train and electronics could be tranferred to a standard Civic? Not that I'm anywhere near that handy -- just "what if"...

Don

Old 01-22-2006, 03:50 PM

It looks like it's got a lot of good parts on it (including the battery I would assume) and might be worth it depending on how high it goes.

Old 01-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Vegetarian

Ouch!

Old 01-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

I wonder how long it has been parked.

Old 01-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Razorx

Originally Posted by xcel
That poor thing was crushed
It is kind of interesting to note that this is a rear-end collision at a fairly high rate of speed...

Old 01-23-2006, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by edovando
I wonder how long it has been parked.
Pretty long judging from the rust on the bent sheet metal.

Originally Posted by jlambeth
It is kind of interesting to note that this is a rear-end collision at a fairly high rate of speed...
I would actually guess that a big truck with a flat wide front fender rear ended it at slow speed, maybe 10 MPH. Or maybe it was some industrial type accident with a big concrete slab toppling onto the car's rear end.

Old 01-23-2006, 03:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

It would have to be a low-impact crash or a crash with the car parked and it says high contact (maybe a jacked up truck, Hummer, etc???). The airbags haven't been deployed, I also noticed it has more than 3/4 tank of gas but the battery is at 1/4 charge and the engine is warm ... so it still drives.
The average is ok if it is from the Brooklyn area (NYC traffic!!!) such as the dealer is 43.5 over 8743 miles and I am sure it hasn't been driven economically since the wreck. I find it amusing that they did blue book on it, and used suggested retail at excellent condition for the 20,258 miles that are on it $22,105 and they quoted similar cars are going over 19,300 (but they want thousands less) ... hehe, keep dreaming fool ... it has a salvaged title. I think the 4650 bid on it is too high and the reserve isn't met. Be better to part it out themselves I want to write them and ask them if they are on crack. They say it only needs a back window and a short rear clip ... they don't mention all the body work, trunk, taillight lenses ... there is a reason why the insurance company salvaged the title, it will never be the same and cost more to fix than it will ever be worth.

On a different note ...I do want the gray interior ... too bad I can't sneak over and switch it out ... hmmm ... and how hard would it be to add a second battery to our cars for more charge then turn us the assist

Quick Reply: Salvaged '04 HCHI on Ebay

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands