Review of the 2006 Civic Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 11:02 PM
04 prius 350,000km
Default Re: Review of the 2006 Civic Hybrid

lol sweet you get the same mileage as my 04 civic coupe... imagine if it was ME under teh wheel

i really want a 06, but i can get the same mileage with a 01 used or a 03 used... but i dunno new is nice i can't decide!!

edit: try to find the best MPG in the revs. I think hondas love to stay around 2000 rpm for maximum FE. At least my car anyway.

Old 11-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Geek

Originally Posted by philmcneal
lol sweet you get the same mileage as my 04 civic coupe... imagine if it was ME under teh wheel

i really want a 06, but i can get the same mileage with a 01 used or a 03 used... but i dunno new is nice i can't decide!!

edit: try to find the best MPG in the revs. I think hondas love to stay around 2000 rpm for maximum FE. At least my car anyway.
I'm sure you could, though my tires were underinflated. I inflated them a little though I don't have a gauge to actually read what their pressure was... but I seem to be getting about 40 mpg now. Anyway you should read this thread in which many people post getting 25 mpg with the new gasoline Civics. One mostly-highway person reports 32.5 mpg; I'd probably get something like that with that car. So I'm getting much better mileage with the hybrid than I would with the regular car and you'd probably see an even greater improvement.

Old 11-21-2005, 08:35 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

In tests that I have done, comparing my daughter's non-hybrid civic with the my HCH, under identical driving conditions, the HCH gets about 25-30% better MPG than its non-hybrid brethren (or sistren, depending on your gender preference).

This is consistent with that car magazine's cross-country road test, averaging 75-80 mpg on the interstates, with two civics, the hybrid averaging 42mpg, the non-hybrid getting 34mpg.

So I'm certain that whatever CGameProgrammer gets with his 2006 HCH, he would be getting 25-30% less with the non-hybrid version.

Old 11-21-2005, 08:47 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
Anyway you should read this thread in which many people post getting 25 mpg with the new gasoline Civics.
Now that is a very interesting thread. It mimics what you see on hybrid forums -- some people getting MPGs which are 'okay' compared to the EPA estimates, and some people getting MPGs which are decidedly 'bad' compared to the EPA estimates.

This is consistent with what Consumer Reports and others have noted -- that just about all cars get way below their EPA estimates in 'normal' driving conditions.

I find the forum that CGameProgrammer mentioned to be interesting because maybe it indicates a trend towards MPG-awareness, and people keeping serious track of their mileage. It seems like, in the past anyway, people reported their MPG as whatever their best reading was: "I got 44 MPG in my <carModel> from San Jose to LA." I know that's how I tended to report my MPG in the past.

So maybe now there will be more reality in reported MPG numbers, because more people are keeping serious track of these things.