Repair Manual

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 06:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Repair Manual

The other day I purchased a repair manual off eBay for my 07 HCH. I think it will come in handy a lot. The prices have dropped a good $20-40USD in the past few months. I think it is because the "06,07,08" manuals are out and the shops/dealerships are getting rid of their old ones. If anyone was considering purchasing one of these for an 06 or 07, I think now is a good time.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Repair Manual

If you don't mind me asking - how much did you pay? Did you get the Helm shop manual that lists for $75 or something else.

Thanks

Eric

Old 11-29-2007, 04:38 PM

I got it (slightly used) on eBay for $28.99

Old 11-29-2007, 05:58 PM
Enthusiast

What is the ISBN on that one? I was looking to pick up a repair manual for my 07 HCHII but I could never find it....

Old 11-29-2007, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by antinouskalisto
What is the ISBN on that one? I was looking to pick up a repair manual for my 07 HCHII but I could never find it....
I have no idea. I just searched "2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Repair Manual".
Try google product search (formerly froogle) and eBay.

They also have it at www.booksforcars.com and www.helminc.com

The manual I got is called the "Service Manual". This is supposedly (unless they lied to me) the same as the repair and shop manual.
There is also an "Electrical Manual" for just the electrical components.
Be sure you get the correct year for your car. There are 3 versions: 06, 06 07, and 06 07 & 08.

UPDATE: After looking into it, I couldn't find the ISBN anywhere. I have sold books on eBay, and eBay tells you to enter the ISBN so it can display detailed info on the for sale page. However, for all the HCHII shop manuals, none of that detailed info is there. I don't think manuals need ISBNs. On pages 255-256 of your owners manual there is information on ordering the different manuals.
It has all the prices, descriptions, and Publication Form Number (like ISBN i guess) of all the manuals. It also shows you how to purchase them if you want to get them through Helm Inc.

I hope that helps!

Old 11-30-2007, 05:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

look like this?

could you scan a few samples and convert to acrobat please
i could not find the price you posted there, pls look out for me if there any

Old 11-30-2007, 10:10 AM

it looks like that except it says 2006-2007. I haven't gotten the manual yet. I think I got lucky on the price. Just keep your eye out on ebay and I will let you know if I see any good deals.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Are there any repair/service manuals for Canadians? I noticed a discrepancy in the Owner's Manual that implies that American can buy them, but that they're not offered to Canadians. Is there a law regarding these things?

Old 11-30-2007, 05:31 PM
Enthusiast

giantquesadilla: **** I thought I would never be told RTFM. Thanks for all your help.

spinner: Come to think of it, I have never seen one for Canadians. I couldn't find any evidence but I think there is some sort of ban on using the manuals/books from USA in CA. IIRC, the CA models have heated mirrors and washer fluid low alert, among other things that the USA edition does not?

Old 11-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

As far as I know, there's no restriction for Canadians. You can get them at your local dealership (very expensive) or you can secure the same materials from Helm.

The Helm materials contain detailed references for the US and Canadian models where applicable. They are pretty good.

Cheers;

MSantos

Quick Reply: Repair Manual

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands