Recharging AC on 2010 Honda Civic Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2022, 09:56 AM
Enthusiast
Default Recharging AC on 2010 Honda Civic Hybrid

I need to recharge the AC on my 2010 Honda Civic Hybrid. I was looking into which type of adaptor to get on it. Someone at the auto parts place told me to make sure it said “hybrid” on it. The only one I found so far is the ACP-210AD I A/C Pro Extreme Conditions Recharge Kit with Digital Gauge. It says it contains approximately 18 oz. of R-134a and 4 oz. of additives. It says it works with all vehicles including electric and hybrid. I’m just checking to make sure this is correct or if there’s other options? This one is $70 so if there’s other cheaper options I’d like to find those! 😊 Thanks for any help!

Old 08-30-2022, 07:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Recharging AC on 2010 Honda Civic Hybrid

Assuming this is just a top-off because you're low:

Absolutely, positively do not add anything with additives.

Standard low-side hose that works with both puncture and schrader valve cans:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/EZ-Chill-...8?athbdg=L1600
NEVER use this for anything but your civic

Straight R-134a with no oil, dyes or sealants:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tec...3?athbdg=L1100

Old 08-30-2022, 09:21 PM
Enthusiast

Yes, just low and need to top it off. Thanks so much! I’ll get those!

Old 09-02-2022, 09:35 PM
Enthusiast

I’m just curious to why exactly the AC Pro Extreme shouldn’t be used on hybrid cars. The bottle says “hybrid/electric compatible” and details on website for product say “works with all vehicles including hybrid and electric,” and also again says, “compatible with all vehicles including hybrids and electrics.” I got really confused initially because their website says not to use AC Pro in certain situations and one of those is with hybrid/electric cars, but then the AC Pro Extreme product says you can. Super confusing! It’s $70 so I’d rather go with the cheaper one you said! Just curious as to the way since they seem to have changed their view or at least made something that supposedly works with it…but it says works with all, including hybrid/electric so not sure how it could be too different from the regular if it still works will all other cars lol

Old 09-03-2022, 09:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I'm an untrusting soul.

I know 100% for certain that adding PURE R-134a to any system using R-134a is safe and effective.

A/C Pro also makes that giant black can for topping off systems. In tiny lettering near the bottom it says "not for hybrid electric vehicle use" or whatever. I have seen a dozen people put this **** in their hybrid necessitating and evac and recharge at a minimum. I've seen one of those systems fail shortly thereafter with a shorted compressor.

If you're dealing with Toyota, you use ND-11 oil.
If you're dealing with Honda, you use the Sanden oil.

Hybrid oils are completely different from non-hybrid oils. I question all claims of global compatibility.

Fu@k A/C Pro, their claims of compatibility and their over-priced products.

IMHO of course and YMMV.

Old 09-03-2022, 11:34 AM
Enthusiast

I’m the same, which is why I was so confused as to why they say not to use with electric/hybrid cars, but then their “extreme” brand of it does say on the bottom of the bottle “hybrid/electric compatible.” I thought it’s kind of odd for the info page to say their product can’t be used with hybrid/electric vehicles if they have one that supposedly can be, why not put something that says the only one compatible for hybrid/electric vehicles is the “extreme” one. Really odd.

Thanks! Im always so worried about messing up my car and costing myself waaaaay more money. I would normally go to a mechanic to do any work but I’ve had some bad luck with mechanics lately and don’t even want to bother with them for this! 😂