recall for the IMA

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 01:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default recall for the IMA

i bring my car to service today at 7500 miles. the service person told me that they got a recall for the IMA, so i got to wait a few more hours. is anybody experienced this? what's wrong with the system? mine is a 06 civic hybrid.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Rarely post anything
Default Re: recall for the IMA

I checked OwnerLink yesterday for my car, just as a matter of habit, and did not see any recalls listed. However, they're specific by VIN, so your car might be involved, and my car might not be.

What I'm guessing is that this was due to a TSB or Service Campaign. Honda sent me a letter for the Accord Hybrid I owned, just before I got rid of it - it was listed as a Campaign, and was for a software update to the IMA system. While I don't want to hazard a guess as to your issue, it may be just as a precautionary measure / software optimization, as the Accord's was.

If there *is*an actual recall, you'll be hearing about it in the next couple of days to a week, as other people receive notice, and word spreads / becomes public. Recalls are also released to news media, especially if they involve safety issues.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Maybe it is the 62 mile Tripmeter MPG bug.

Oh boy!
Oh boy!

Old 03-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kenny
Maybe it is the 62 mile Tripmeter MPG bug.

Oh boy!
Oh boy!
Wouldn't that be nice! Mine has the bug too but its intermitent and drives me nuts because it doesn't do it all the time.

Check my owner link no recall...yet.

Old 03-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adam_HybridCivic
Wouldn't that be nice! Mine has the bug too but its intermitent and drives me nuts because it doesn't do it all the time.

I checked my owner's link too, it also doesnt have a recall, but when i bring in my car for the minor service, which is $138, they just replace the display or something, i dont know what exactly they did, they just told me that the IMA reading is not correct, so they just replace it.

Old 03-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Rarely post anything

comebackkit - on the invoice you rec'd from the dealer, there'll be an item marked 'auth code'. Can you post the code immediately after that item ? That's the recall / service bulletin number, and we can search on that. Thanks!

Old 03-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default Owner's link???

Originally Posted by comebackkit
I checked my owner's link too,
Can someone tell me what Owner's link is? I'm not familiar, it sounds handy in some way...

Old 03-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Owner's link???

Originally Posted by molex
Can someone tell me what Owner's link is? I'm not familiar, it sounds handy in some way...
https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?brand=honda

register with your vin.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:28 AM
Enthusiast

I just checked mine aswell, and I have no recalls.

Old 03-31-2006, 07:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adam_HybridCivic

Perhaps it is NOT intermitent.
Perhaps you were just driving the same way before and after the 62 mile reset points, and that is why the MPG didn't jump around.

Last edited by kenny; 03-31-2006 at 07:04 AM.

Quick Reply: recall for the IMA

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands