Rain

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Rain

Has anyone noticed on the 2006 that if you crack the window (ever a very little bit) the rain runs right down on you and the cloth arm rest that are very light in color. I have blue interior and the arm rest are almost white/gray. What were they thinking?? they do not make rain guards yet for the 2006 - so Honda Car Land says.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rain

I doubt you'll see any stains once the water drys. Let us know if you do though.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pcrickman
Has anyone noticed on the 2006 that if you crack the window (ever a very little bit) the rain runs right down on you and the cloth arm rest that are very light in color. I have blue interior and the arm rest are almost white/gray. What were they thinking?? they do not make rain guards yet for the 2006 - so Honda Car Land says.
I'd say aerodynamic design took precedence, and water dripping into the car is the sacrifice for better aerodynamics.

Old 04-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pcrickman
Polly, I don't have any experience with these, but take a look at them:

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pe...006&partid=170

The ad says they are for the 2 door civic, even though the picture shows a 4 door. There are several companies that are selling these, but I can't find a pair that says they are for the 4 door. I It also says they are the "In Channel" design, not the stick-on, which I've been told don't work well.

I looked at doors in the dealers lot on the 2 door vs. 4 door. I didn't have a tape measure with me, but they look very similar in shape, except the 2 door is a longer door. So, these may fit by cutting them a little shorter. I've been thinking about getting them, but don't know if I want to pop for 50 bucks for something that may not work....

I would like to have them so I could crack the windows in my car when I'm at work and not have to worry about the rain coming in. I'm glad you mentioned that, I definitely won't try it. Thanks!