Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Enthusiast
Default Radio's MP3 port

Hi all! New guy here.
This is my fourth Honda, first hybrid.
All of 22 hours old.

Got a totally non-hybrid question......
How would you "feed" music into the mp3 port?

Does it really require an mp3 digital file? or is it just an aux input?
ooop..... guess that was 3 questions.

Thanks!

Old 07-20-2007, 03:01 PM
AJR
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Radio's MP3 port

Congratulations on your new HCHII. To answer your question(s), it's just a 1/8" aux input jack. You can plug in anything from a portable tape player to an mp3 player (iPod or any other make), or a playstation if you have the L/R RCA to 1/8" line jack cable. Just plug your unit into the aux jack and press the XM/AUX button on the radio. All controls of the unit will have to be done from the device itself, not the radio in the HCH.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

You'll need the following type of cable:

Plug one end into your MP3 player headphone port, and the other into the auxiliary input of the HCHII, located near the cigarette lighter in the center console area. Switch the head unit to AUX, adjust volume on both your MP3 player and the car, and enjoy.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bluecivichybrid
You'll need the following type of cable:

Plug one end into your MP3 player headphone port, and the other into the auxiliary input of the HCHII, located near the cigarette lighter in the center console area. Switch the head unit to AUX, adjust volume on both your MP3 player and the car, and enjoy.
I'm new here and have been trying to get this to work. I think my HCH has a defective aux input jack.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:29 AM

Darn it: I'm currently overseas and can't make a video of the process to show you. Can anybody help Tom out?

As a note, you should make sure that your head unit reads AUX when you switch it to Auxiliary Mode, and that you turn the HCHII's volume up quite a lot (around level 30). Then slowly increase your MP3 player's volume from 0 and find the perfect level to enjoy. The reason why you'd do this is because the amplifier in the head unit is much better than the one in most MP3s, especially the iPod.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Enthusiast

Darn it: I'm currently overseas and can't make a video of the process to show you. Can anybody help Tom out?

As a note, you should make sure that your head unit reads AUX when you switch it to Auxiliary Mode, and that you turn the HCHII's volume up quite a lot (around level 30). Then slowly increase your MP3 player's volume from 0 and find the perfect level to enjoy. The reason why you'd do this is because the amplifier in the head unit is much better than the one in most MP3s, especially the iPod.
Got It! Had to increase the volume past 30 (That would blow my ears off in any other mode) however at 30 I can hear my MP3 player.
Thanks for all your good advice.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by wa6usa
Got It! Had to increase the volume past 30 (That would blow my ears off in any other mode) however at 30 I can hear my MP3 player.
Thanks for all your good advice.
No problem MP3 players generally don't amplify sound very well - that's why you need to crank the volume up on the HCH car itself.

Just be careful to turn the volume back down again after you park - in case you forget and switch to radio or CD and blow your ears off that's happened a couple times to me..

There's also an option on the HCH radio for automatic speed-adaptive volume control. Basically as you drive faster, the volume automatically increases to overcome the road-noise. You can choose to activate or deactivate this feature based on your own preference.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There's also an option on the HCH radio for automatic speed-adaptive volume control. Basically as you drive faster, the volume automatically increases to overcome the road-noise. You can choose to activate or deactivate this feature based on your own preference.
I knew that the HCH had this, but i did not know it was an option. How does one activate/deactivate this? I have no idea whether I'm using it or not. I assumed I was, but I do not hear a difference in sound levels at different speeds. I had assumed that was the point and it all just evened out so I didn't know that it was doing it. Did that even make sense?

Old 08-05-2007, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
I knew that the HCH had this, but i did not know it was an option. How does one activate/deactivate this? I have no idea whether I'm using it or not. I assumed I was, but I do not hear a difference in sound levels at different speeds. I had assumed that was the point and it all just evened out so I didn't know that it was doing it. Did that even make sense?

Yea, that's the point: you don't notice the volume fluctuating because it self-adjusts (to some degree). I'm sorry I don't remember how to adjust it right now, and I'm overseas, so you'll have to look in your manual in the radio section.