Question for Ontario HCH owners/soon-owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Happy Hybrid Owner
Default Re: Question for Ontario HCH owners/soon-owners

Mine will also have Blue interior with the Sparkle Grey exterior. I have never seen the Sparkle Grey Colour, I am guessing that it looks like the Magnetic Pearl Colour available in the US. I also liked the Fluorite Silver but it has the Ivory interior that I'd prefer not to get.
If anyone has posted a picture of a Sparkle Grey HCH [or could post] a link to it would be appreciated. Tx.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:44 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner

An update...

Soleil24 has posted a picture of his brand new Sparkle Grey HCH (thanks Jean-Francois) :

We have ordered a second HCH for my wife also from Sisley, Alabaster Silver. We are now waiting for 2 cars.
One of the cars will be purchased and I should get the $1,000 Ontario Sales Tax credit after I send the form. The other car will be leased, I understand that I will also get the $1,000 credit but only after I have paid at least $1,000 in Sales Taxes ( 8% on each payment).

Does any "expecting" owner in Ontario have any updates ?

Last edited by Katz6768; 03-03-2006 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks Katz6768 for displaying here my beautiful Sparkle Grey Pearl HCH.....

I'm realy looking for the spring to come so I could do better pictures. This one is nice but I was so exitied when I got it mostly all other pics where out of focus....

I ordered my HCH on January 27, and the next friday, I took delivery of it. I think I might have been lucky to get it so fast.... It was a transfer from another dealer.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Soleil24
Thanks Katz6768 for displaying here my beautiful Sparkle Grey Pearl HCH.....

I'm realy looking for the spring to come so I could do better pictures. This one is nice but I was so exitied when I got it mostly all other pics where out of focus....

I ordered my HCH on January 27, and the next friday, I took delivery of it. I think I might have been lucky to get it so fast.... It was a transfer from another dealer.
I forgot, I got it for the MRSP price less $550... (400 + free accessoires)

Old 03-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kintak
Hi all.

Just a question to people who live in Ontario, Canada. How long was the wait between when you ordered the HCH and when you got it? Was it days, weeks or months?

Thanks.
I ordered my Alabaster Silver Hybrid on Jan 25. The dealer, Whitby Oshawa Honda, called me with the VIN Number 4 weeks ago and said it was due "the first week in March". So far, I have not heard from them and they will apparently need a couple of days to prep the vehicle after they receive it. After reading all the comments here I am really looking forward to driving it. Stupid me! I wanted it fast, knew they were popular, so did not bargain for a discount. I paid MRSP except they are throwing in floor mats.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Proud owner HCHII

I am on day two and have owned dozens of cars over the years. HCHII is the best by a long way! The shut lines on the doors are perfect and the way they shut is an eye opener. My dealer sat in the back,a first for him, for my hand-over drive and said it was like a Bentley for space and comfort. He insisted that my wife and I should try riding in the back where it was so quiet and comfortable.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey guys. Is it just me, or does Soleil24's pic of the Sparkle Grey look navy bluish?

I ordered a Sparkle Grey HCH on January 26 from Markham Honda, which is scheduled to arrive in late March. The dealer has not been in contact with me yet, but I told them I would not be picking up the car until the lease on my current car was up at the end of March. The wait is killing me!

Old 03-07-2006, 08:12 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner
Exclamation Re: Question for Ontario HCH owners/soon-owners

Originally Posted by ebsmythe
I ordered my Alabaster Silver Hybrid on Jan 25. The dealer, Whitby Oshawa Honda, called me with the VIN Number 4 weeks ago and said it was due "the first week in March". So far, I have not heard from them...
I called Honda Canada Customer Relations 1-888-946-6329

They tell me that the new Civic has been very successful and this is causing a long wait. The person from Honda (Jennifer) tells me that she ordered a regular Civic last December and hasn't received the car yet. She believes that the current backlog for regular Civics is 3 months and for Hybrids a little less because they are produced in Japan (lower backlog?).

Apparently the Canadian Dealers get a production update every Friday with VIN numbers for the orders that have made it to production. Once your order goes to production it takes 4 more weeks. This seems consistant with ebsmythe's posting.

Katz.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Enthusiast

Hi Everyone. I just wanted to complete my delivery story. In an earlier post I said that I ordered my Alabaster Silver Hybrid on Jan 25 and was given the VIN number about 4 weeks ago. The car is being prepped today and I will pick it up tomorrow. It has a block heater but I doubt that I will use it until next winter.

I took a quick look at the car as shipped in the lot at Whitby Honda and noticed that the clear lens on the side mirror light projects slightly outside the body of the mirror. One mistake coming too close to the garage door frame and I will lose a lens. Anyone else with that concern?

Old 03-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner

Originally Posted by ebsmythe
... noticed that the clear lens on the side mirror light projects slightly outside the body of the mirror. One mistake coming too close to the garage door frame and I will lose a lens. Anyone else with that concern?
I believe the Door Mirrors with the Integrated Turn signals are retractable, my guess is that going forward they would fold before the light can brake.
Going backwards the mirror might get damaged...

Last edited by Katz6768; 03-07-2006 at 09:48 AM.