Question about 07 Civic Hybrid Aero Kit (under spoilers) and Gas Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Question about 07 Civic Hybrid Aero Kit (under spoilers) and Gas Mileage

Hey Tiger, I want to apologize about the negativity in my last post concerning your car. I think the body kit looks ok, I just couldnt afford it. I personally dont like bra's, but youre right everyone has their own opinion. Im sure some of my automotive taste wouldnt be appealing to you.

Its good to hear the rims are lighter, they look nicer but would make me want to take the HCH through its paces which it is incapable to do so with a paltry .74 G lateral. I think a lot of my disinterest in modifying our HCH is because Its a habit I tended to break when I purchased this car.

My last car was a 2002 Corvette Z06 that was built to the teeth, the majority of the work to include swapping the camshaft was done myself with a few hands. End result and cause of disinterest in honda performance? 415rwhp/400 rwtq (91 oct, stock discplacement naturally aspirated), with the rubber I was using (nitto 555 R2's 305's out back 275's front) at 3030 lbs It pulled 1.27 G lateral, It went 12.1 at 119mph on those DOT street tires, and a 1.47 at Laguna Seca. Without going into all the details I can say that I HAVE NO INTEREST IN MODIFYING MY HCH.

When I move on up the socioeconomic ladder I plan on getting a C6 Z06 for the weekends and the tracks here in CA, and continue to use the HCH as my commuter.

http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...8-4380b305b1f2

Last edited by zo6 2 hch; 05-13-2007 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Tofu+hybrd= crazy fun!
Default Re: Question about 07 Civic Hybrid Aero Kit (under spoilers) and Gas Mileage

i actually went on my HCH1 - from 185/70/14 to 205/50/15 non-LRR tire with a forged 15x7 wheel (10.2 pounds)

total weight loss - around 2.5 pounds. No decrease in mpg at all. i avg now around 46 mpg. Im happy!

Old 05-14-2007, 04:40 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: Question about 07 Civic Hybrid Aero Kit (under spoilers) and Gas Mileage

Originally Posted by carbnjunkie
i actually went on my HCH1 - from 185/70/14 to 205/50/15 non-LRR tire with a forged 15x7 wheel (10.2 pounds)

total weight loss - around 2.5 pounds. No decrease in mpg at all. i avg now around 46 mpg. Im happy!
As I pointed out in my lengthy Post to the Thread Starter that requested info. regarding installing the Lower Body Panels on his HCH II. The mods and in my case the Light Weight Wheels have little Real-World effect on FE (Fuel-Economy).

The persons driving habits have far more of an effect on FE.

I agree with you !!!!!!!!!!!!

You do not have to race your Hybrid to want it to have a more personal look. Especially if in the end the decisions you make do not really HURT FE all that much that you cannot live with the decrease.

As always this is for a person to decide what they like in Appearance of their Hybrid. I like mine the way it turned out. FE has not in my case been an issue.

Terry (tiger)

Old 05-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Tofu+hybrd= crazy fun!

Thanks Tiger;

I actually did auto-x my hybrid recently, and it was a ton of fun. Everyone asked me how it handled so well! (a RSX type S rear sway bar helped a lot!)

But I bought the hybrid for my commute, and wanted it to look different and handle better. To each their own.

Last edited by carbnjunkie; 05-14-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:14 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Question about 07 Civic Hybrid Aero Kit (under spoilers) and Gas Mileage

Originally Posted by zo6 2 hch
Hey Tiger, I want to apologize about the negativity in my last post concerning your car. I think the body kit looks ok, I just couldnt afford it. I personally dont like bra's, but youre right everyone has their own opinion. Im sure some of my automotive taste wouldnt be appealing to you.

Its good to hear the rims are lighter, they look nicer but would make me want to take the HCH through its paces which it is incapable to do so with a paltry .74 G lateral. I think a lot of my disinterest in modifying our HCH is because Its a habit I tended to break when I purchased this car.

My last car was a 2002 Corvette Z06 that was built to the teeth, the majority of the work to include swapping the camshaft was done myself with a few hands. End result and cause of disinterest in honda performance? 415rwhp/400 rwtq (91 oct, stock discplacement naturally aspirated), with the rubber I was using (nitto 555 R2's 305's out back 275's front) at 3030 lbs It pulled 1.27 G lateral, It went 12.1 at 119mph on those DOT street tires, and a 1.47 at Laguna Seca. Without going into all the details I can say that I HAVE NO INTEREST IN MODIFYING MY HCH.

When I move on up the socioeconomic ladder I plan on getting a C6 Z06 for the weekends and the tracks here in CA, and continue to use the HCH as my commuter.

http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...8-4380b305b1f2
Z06 2 hch;

Hey Tiger, I want to apologize about the negativity in my last post concerning your car. I think the body kit looks ok, I just couldnt afford it.

Just so you know I could have responded to your other post in a completely different manner. I think you are smart enough to get the {Meaning}. As you know I did not.

We have No-Problem as far as I am (Concerned) from my end. The only thing I would suggest to (You) in the Future I would think how my Post Sounds, Comes-Across to the other Member. Everyone is not as {Considerate} as I decided to be when I read your 1st Post.

I think I will take a few minutes and let you {Personally} know some things about me that I normally do not Post on this (Hybrid-Forum).

I am 61-Yrs. Old and have now been in the work place for 43-Yrs. In that very long time I have personally owned more different vehicles than most (Normal-People) with Average Incomes.

There is not the room here nor do I remember all of them but this will give you the idea.

ZR1 With Lotus Engine, 2
Vettes:..................... 7 Approx.
M3 BMW's.................. 2
M5 BMW's.................. 3
BMW's= With Turbo......1
Normal BMW...............1
AMG Mercedes............3
Normal Mercedes.........3
930 Turbo Porsche......1
S60R Volvo Modified....1
Turbo Volvo...............1
S4 Audi.....................1
Normal Audi................1
Ford Lighting Pickups...3
1965 Shelby Mustang... 1
Ford Mustangs With Blowers....5-7
Saleen Mustang with Blower....1
Dodge Dakota Show Truck With Blower..1
1970 454 LS7 450 HP Chevelle; Very Modified:
Pontiac GTO's; 360 HP & 366 HP; Very Modified:
Hondas to many to count:

This is just some of the vehicles that I have owned as time has gone by. I do mean just some of them.

So YES I can RELATE to High-Performance Cars:

I take this time just to let you see that you never ever know the other Member and what they have had or done in their life. This is not to be {Bragging} but simply to let you see that (Sometimes) you have to be careful as to what we say to each other in Threads/Post. Unless we personally know the other person and in most cases on these Forums we are for the most part (Strangers).

Terry (tiger)

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 05-15-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:03 PM
ajm
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Question about 07 Civic Hybrid Aero Kit (under spoilers) and Gas Mileage

Wow Tiger, thank you (and everyone else too) for the unbelieveable amount of great information! It did help me to make my last minute decisions. I guess I should have mentioned in the original post that money was not really an object for this auto purchase so I had more freedom with extras than someone else would on a fixed budget.

Just an update, I just purchased the car and got the aero kit and foglights. I also went with the Honda Navi, the Xylon (sp?) interior and exterior thing or whatever it's called and the Lojack security. The 7yr/100,000 mile warranty was a good deal I thought, but WOW I had no idea about the Honda 2.9% financing so I went ahead and set that up for the remainder of what I owed for the car, I didn't even have to call my credit union.

The extra stuff will be installed sometime next week the dealer said. After that I'll be looking into getting new wheels within the next couple months. Thank you all again for the great amount of information!

Tiger, sir, can I please ask what brand and make of wheels you have on your HCH? I do like the look of them and if you were able to use your stock Honda tires on them that makes it an even sweeter deal. Thank you again for helping me with my decision, the HCH II's seem so rare around here it's like nobody (even the dealerships) knows very much about these specific questions. Thanks and take care!

(Edit: Actually if anyone knows if there are any specific threads here about different wheels people are putting on their HCH II's (I can't seem to find one using search) I'd be eternally grateful! Thanks again!)

- AJ

Old 05-16-2007, 05:21 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Question about 07 Civic Hybrid Aero Kit (under spoilers) and Gas Mileage

Originally Posted by ajm
Wow Tiger, thank you (and everyone else too) for the unbelieveable amount of great information! It did help me to make my last minute decisions. I guess I should have mentioned in the original post that money was not really an object for this auto purchase so I had more freedom with extras than someone else would on a fixed budget.

Just an update, I just purchased the car and got the aero kit and foglights. I also went with the Honda Navi, the Xylon (sp?) interior and exterior thing or whatever it's called and the Lojack security. The 7yr/100,000 mile warranty was a good deal I thought, but WOW I had no idea about the Honda 2.9% financing so I went ahead and set that up for the remainder of what I owed for the car, I didn't even have to call my credit union.

The extra stuff will be installed sometime next week the dealer said. After that I'll be looking into getting new wheels within the next couple months. Thank you all again for the great amount of information!

Tiger, sir, can I please ask what brand and make of wheels you have on your HCH? I do like the look of them and if you were able to use your stock Honda tires on them that makes it an even sweeter deal. Thank you again for helping me with my decision, the HCH II's seem so rare around here it's like nobody (even the dealerships) knows very much about these specific questions. Thanks and take care!

(Edit: Actually if anyone knows if there are any specific threads here about different wheels people are putting on their HCH II's (I can't seem to find one using search) I'd be eternally grateful! Thanks again!)

- AJ
AJ,

These wheels look Great on the HCH II and {YES} you can run the (Factory-Honda LRR-Tires) that come on your New HCH II. Hint: Also nothing will change on your Honda Warranty because these are the same size wheels that come on your car. You even will be running the same tires that come on your car. So I Strongly Suggest these wheels and retain the Factory Warranty Plus "YOUR" FE will not Suffer:

You ask and you shall Receive the Info.

The Name of the wheels is:

Weds Sport Racing Wheel:

I purchased them from Tire Rack:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resul...All&sort=Brand

WedsSport TC005
Finish: Light Grey Painted

How to View on Vehicle
Click the size you would like to see on your vehicle

15 " $259.95 Each

http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/showp...e/9999/way/asc

Here is a Close up of my Wheels with Factory LRR Tires:

I will Sell You My Wheels for $1,100.00 and I have 5-Wheels. One was for a Spare. I have the Original Boxes the Wheels were Shipped to me in from Tire Rack. This will include the (Custom-Honda-Center-Caps) I had made. Wife wants me to put the Original Wheels Back on the HCH II. So send me a Money Order or Cashiers Check and I will UPS the 5-Wheels to YOU. PM me or E-Mail me for my Address: As soon as I receive Money I will have wheels removed and ship to (You) UPS Ground:

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 05-17-2007 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Added Selling Price of Wheels:
Old 08-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Enthusiast

Hey tigerhonaker,

Did you end up selling those after market wheels?? ...and why did want to go back to the originals?? Just curious...

Old 08-04-2007, 03:49 PM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by GeddyLee
Hey tigerhonaker,

Did you end up selling those after market wheels?? ...and why did want to go back to the originals?? Just curious...
Hi GeddyLee,

Nope I still have them on car as in the Pic BELOW. I will sell them because I am going to TRADE-CARS in the Very-Near-Future. So I am going to reinstall the Original-Wheels.

So these Very-Light-Wheels (5-Total) are for sell. Highest Bidder Wins as long as it is not a (Ridiculous-Offer). I'm 62 yrs. old so I am not going to Argue back and forth with anyone on the price.

They are UnDamaged and the 5th Spare Wheel is still in Box. They will include the One-OFF Special Honda Logo Center Caps I had special made.

Side-View of HCH II with Wheels:

Here are Pictures of HCH II with Wheels:

http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=521

Contact me by this E-Mail if interested:

tigerhonaker@aol.com

Old 08-07-2007, 07:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Tiger,

Great postings! Thanks for all the info and my jaw about dropped when I saw your "owned" list. Makes me feel like I took a short-cut on my way to our HCHIIs -- I only had three bimmers before I went green.

Question about the wheels -- is the text on the wheels on a sticker that can be removed or are they painted on? I may be in the market for the wheels.

Quick Reply: Question about 07 Civic Hybrid Aero Kit (under spoilers) and Gas Mileage

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands