pinstripes

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 10:48 AM
my other car is a FJORD
Default pinstripes

ok, i admit, it's silly. but i bought a magnesium HCH, the only color i could get, probably my last choice. being an artist, i want to spice it up a little, and i plan to get it pinstriped. anyone else done this? any color suggestions? how about the green/orange combo of greenhybrid?

Old 09-29-2005, 10:55 AM
hyperactive enthusiast
Default Re: pinstripes

Hey Laurie-
I've got a dark blue HCH and I put red pinstripes on it. got some of that tape at the autoparts store. 2 stripes; one thin & one slightly thicker. I went along the panel fold from just behind the front wheel well to the rear light. looks great! now if I could get redlines (tires) like my old TR6......
magnesium is dark greay right? orange would look great. orange and green sounds like my kid- she wants a green car with orange dots. up to you- you get to look at it every day.
Kate
ps- had a palomino for 20 years.

Old 09-29-2005, 10:59 AM
my other car is a FJORD

Originally Posted by KLCarch
Hey Laurie-
I've got a dark blue HCH and I put red pinstripes on it. got some of that tape at the autoparts store. 2 stripes; one thin & one slightly thicker. I went along the panel fold from just behind the front wheel well to the rear light. looks great! now if I could get redlines (tires) like my old TR6......
magnesium is dark greay right? orange would look great. orange and green sounds like my kid- she wants a green car with orange dots. up to you- you get to look at it every day.
Kate
ps- had a palomino for 20 years.

kate, i am so jealous. i really wanted blue, but the dealer couldn't even get it from another one who had it, they wouldn't give it up. yup, the mag is dark metallic grey......sigh. i will pass on the dots, however...

another horse lover, eh? actually, he's a dun.....dorsal stripe and all.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:34 AM
now Insight, had an HCH

I'm just about to pull off my pinstripes on my HCH. I'll be replacing them with some sort of personalization. The car will stand out some way or another. It'll be about a month or so, but it will be different.