OE Bluetooth. integration

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: OE Bluetooth. integration

So, if you get a call from someone not in your address book, it doesn't say anything about the caller?
Since it has the voice that can speak numbers, it should be able to at least read you the phone number of the caller or say something like "number unavailable" if the number is blocked.
That would be a very useful feature.
Do you know if they will add that feature?

Old 03-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The device will inform you of an "Incoming Call" and to press the Blue Connect button to answer the phone. It unfortunately does not give you the phone number or the name (if in addressbook). I have been using the system since I got it and it has been a great replacement from the one that was installed (OEM) from my Mercedes-Benz.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arbittan
The device will inform you of an "Incoming Call" and to press the Blue Connect button to answer the phone. It unfortunately does not give you the phone number or the name (if in addressbook). I have been using the system since I got it and it has been a great replacement from the one that was installed (OEM) from my Mercedes-Benz.

Too bad. It would be so nice if it could say: "Incoming call from 2125551234" in case you might recognize a number that you hadn't added to your address book or at least you'll know if it's someone in your local area or someone blocking their caller-id calling before you pick it up.

Maybe they can add that when they come out with the next version.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:04 PM

Maybe, but this is the same system Honda uses currently in their line up and in the Acura line up. It maybe that way so that it doesn't upstage that OEM relationship.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Enthusiast

Good write-up... Thanks.

FWIW, the factory Acura TL bluetooth DOES display the number of the incloming call in the MID display if it's stored in the address book.

This unit has no display like the parrot module, so it obviously can't display the incoming call. "announcing" the number would take to long, and likely "run out of ringer".

NBD, but i'm on the fence between this and parrot too.

The parrot kit mutes the stereo during calls (at least it does on the Odyseey), this ones has no way of doing that apparently... but I love the mounting and controls.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by web1b
Too bad. It would be so nice if it could say: "Incoming call from 2125551234" in case you might recognize a number that you hadn't added to your address book or at least you'll know if it's someone in your local area or someone blocking their caller-id calling before you pick it up.
FWIW, the Motorola T505 BT speakerphone has an audio CallerID feature. I haven't gotten around to buying it yet though, so I can't report on how well it works.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kennedy
FWIW, the factory Acura TL bluetooth DOES display the number of the incloming call in the MID display if it's stored in the address book.
Are you sure the number has to be in the address book? My RL would display the incoming number regardless of whether it was in my phone's address book or not.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:54 AM

Hopefully the end of life cycle version of the Honda Civic Hybrid will have the Bluetooth integrated into it. Toyota just announced with the 2009 Corrola the availability of Bluetooth handsfree and Mazda/Misubishi both have been making this available for sometime now. (again, hopefully, Honda will do this).

Old 04-01-2008, 05:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

This is definitely something I will be looking into! I was in my friends Prius the other night and it has integrated bluetooth. I definitely liked that feature as I'm not overly fond of keeping an ear piece in my ear all day.

Great manual for this install. Amazon is definitely seems to be the cheapest place.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:50 AM

Be very careful with Amazon, the one dealer listed there will not return your phone call or emails in a timely manner. I can order it directly from the manufacture, but I have not offered to sell it online (Green Hybrid).

You can also go to http://www.autointelligence.com/ai/blueconnect.asp and contact them directly, they will sell it to you for the retail price. $299.99.

Last edited by arbittan; 04-01-2008 at 08:03 AM.

Quick Reply: OE Bluetooth. integration

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands