Noise From Engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Enthusiast
Default Noise From Engine

Over the last 2 weeks or so I have noticed a noise coming from my engine that I hadn't noticed before. I've only had my '07 Civic Hybrid since April and it has 2000 miles on it. I notice that the engine is making the kind of noise when running that sounds sort of like an "air compressor" does when running, if you know what I mean. It sounds like a "mechanical" air pump kind of thing. I noticed at the front of the engine there is an air intake that seems to be open and it sort of sounds like it could be coming from there. I have also noticed that when I have the A/C on high, this "compressor" like pulsating can be sensed from the air vents. It is not overwhelming by any means, but it can be slightly noticed. Does anyone else notice this behavior? I thought that maybe this has something to do with how the engine is made, but I'm not too sure. I haven't noticed any performance problems and haven't had any warning lights, etc. On my last gas tank I got 48.8 mpg....pretty decent I think.

Thanks everyone!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Enthusiast
Angry Re: Noise From Engine

Well I have a 2007 Galaxy Gray Honda Civic that me and my dad bought in august 2007. About 6 months ago I noticed that it was making a whining noise. My stepdad checked the engine and said that the power steering fluid was low and thats what was making the noise. I took it to the dealership that I got it from and when they put it on the racks they told me that when my car was built, the manufacturer didn't put the power steering rack on my car! They said that the fluid was leaking inside the engine. Thankfully my car is still under warranty because they charged the warranty a little over $800. Then about 3 months ago I got a notice in the mail from the dealership saying that I need to bring my car in because the waterpump holder thing is being recalled and needs to be changed for a new one. And if all of that isn't bad enough, when I turn on the air conditioner there is some kind of chemical smell that starts coming through the vents and it will make my nose burn like i've rubbed hot peppers in my nose! Needless to say, the car is for sale!