No Civic Hybrid for me, after all

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: No Civic Hybrid for me, after all

It could be worse... instead of the Tacoma you could had a F150 with rebate ... enjoy you're truck and put the signal on when you change lanes (no offense)

Old 05-20-2006, 12:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

I almost did not purchase the HCH2 due to the treatments I'd received from some dealers. I do not want to submit myself to their greed. Thankfully, I had a wonderful experience from Penske Honda of Ontario. They will get my business in the future!

Old 05-20-2006, 12:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: No Civic Hybrid for me, after all

Penske dealers have always impressed me.

Old 05-20-2006, 05:54 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ethanqt
Thankfully, I had a wonderful experience from Penske Honda of Ontario. They will get my business in the future!
Must be a Peseke thing as I bought mine at a Penske (tempe Honda) here in AZ and my exerience was superb.

My first Honda experience was not so good but different dealer. I will go back.

Old 05-20-2006, 09:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

That's not what the DMV told me when I called them.

I called the California DMV and told them I was considering buying in Oklahoma for 1300 under MSRP and wanted to know who I pay tax to or how I register in California.

They said I have to pay Cal sales tax when I register it in CA.
They did not say anything about less than 7,500 miles.

Originally Posted by shawnb
I've been looking into it because CA is crazy. But the DMV won't register a vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on it.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ethanqt
I almost did not purchase the HCH2 due to the treatments I'd received from some dealers. I do not want to submit myself to their greed. Thankfully, I had a wonderful experience from Penske Honda of Ontario. They will get my business in the future!
Actually, Penske Ontario also increased their price on me after putting it in writing and me putting a deposit. But not by much, by $300, but it still put me above my $27k maximum willingness.

Actually, after I posted this message I checked my voicemail. It seems the hybrid I cancelled arrived and he wanted to have the choice to purchase it before they offer it to someone else but truly not for the price I agreed to. They added the lojack ($898) interrior trim kit ($280) front nose cover and a bunch of other stuff on top if the price quoted me, for a grand total of $28,800 to get the keys (my original quote was $26,100 without the accessories and $26,900 with only a few accessories I wanted). In all my conversations with them, they assured me that they don't add lojack and the other stuff unless I specifically ask for it.

A lot of peole swear by this place but as far as I'm concerned, they're no better than the rest.

Thanks,
Shawn

Last edited by shawnb; 05-20-2006 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kenny
They said I have to pay Cal sales tax when I register it in CA.
They did not say anything about less than 7,500 miles.
Hmm., well, that's what I was told (in addition to the CA taxes during time of purchase but that's not a big deal to me). The 7,500 miles is a big deal to me.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-20-2006, 01:23 PM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS
Default $28800!! Whooo-way into Prius prices.7500 is for non CA compliant

$28800-that is well into Prius pricing. I'm pretty sure you can get a Prius PK 6,or 7 for that $$.
The 7500 miles sounds like BS.If that were the case then no one could by a car from outside CA. My guess is that you can't register a non CA pollution compliant car with under 7500 miles.Almost all cars now are 50 state cars, so no big deal.
The 7500 miles is BS-incorrect. Luck,Charlie

Old 05-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: $28800!! Whooo-way into Prius prices.7500 is for non CA compliant

Okay, I found some information, according to this link:
http://tinyurl.com/hb94t
http://www.re-pro.com/DMV.html
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures...cts/ffvr29.htm

It is for smog purposes, as you say. The DMV person I spoke with on the phone made no such distinction. However, the requirement, is not BS as you imply; just in regards to a vehicle that doesn't meet california emmissions standards; since I didn't mention a hybrid, the DMV person was well correct to state the 7,500 mile restriction but failed to mention to reason.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 05-20-2006, 02:10 PM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS

Shawn-the links say exactly what I said. IT IS ONLY NON CA COMPLIANT VEHICLES THAT FALL UNDER THE 7500 MILE LIMIT.ALL NEW HCH ARE CA COMPLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!! SO ARE MOST OTHER NEW CARS.

You don't have to worry about the 7500 mile deal.It doesn't apply to the car you have in mind(or to many other new cars).Luck,Charlie

The BS meant that 7500 miles was wrong in respect to the 2006 HCH!!

Look at your posting. You said "But the DMV will not register a car with under 7500 miles on it" -THAT IS/WAS BS!!! It only applies to non CA compliant cars!!You would have a hard time finding a new non CA compliant car.
I didn't imply that what you were told,and wrote, was BS. I frankly said it was BS!!

Last edited by phoebeisis; 05-20-2006 at 02:22 PM.