New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 04:19 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Re: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Originally Posted by nimbus2k
Were you able to order Alabaster Silver and the Blue? According to the Civic brochures, the blue interior is only available on the Hybrid and only with the Magnetic Pearl. ( decided NOT to get the Magnetic Pearl becasue the blue + ivory trim and black dash trim was just one to many colors going on with the interior - I went with Galaxy Gray instead.
Hi John;

Go to your nearest Honda Dealer and pick-up this Brochure:

2006 Honda
sedan/hybrid Brochure

It is Black on the Front Cover an I wish it had Page Numbers but it does-not.

Way back in the brochure you will see a page with this in

Bold Black Print "COLORS"

There is a color chart that list: Exterior/interior colors For DX LX EX Hybrid

Hybrid:
Exterior Colors...........................Interior colors
Alabaster Silver Metallic.....................blue
Galaxy Gray Metallic *........................ivory
Magnetic Pearl...................................blue
Opal Silver Blue Metallic.....................ivory
Taffeta White.....................................ivory

*Available fall 2005

HTH

Terry

BTW; If you have a 06 HCH on (Order) for 1st of 2006, It's not to (Late) to change the (Colors), Honda has not even got us in the (Line-Up) this early:

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-14-2005 at 04:23 PM. Reason: added Information:
Old 11-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Default Re: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Were you able to order Alabaster Silver and the Blue? According to the Civic brochures, the blue interior is only available on the Hybrid and only with the Magnetic Pearl. ( decided NOT to get the Magnetic Pearl becasue the blue + ivory trim and black dash trim was just one to many colors going on with the interior - I went with Galaxy Gray instead.
No, the brochure shows the Alabaster Silver and Magnetic Pearl colors use the blue interior on the hybrid, while all the other colors use ivory (on the hybrid). And the two exterior colors that are only on the hybrid and not the other civics are Magnetic Pearl and Opal Silver Blue.

Old 11-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter
Default Re: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
BTW; If you have a 06 HCH on (Order) for 1st of 2006, It's not to (Late) to change the (Colors), Honda has not even got us in the (Line-Up) this early:
Ah no I'll stick with the Galaxy Gray. I would LOVE to change if they'd give me a hybrid in Tango Red. When the new civics first came out, they had red, blue, and black at the dealer, and the red ones are verrry.... Fast - looking.

The black one is very cool too, tho not quite as cool-looking as a black Prius with dark tinted Windows (well except for the part about it being a Prius )

Maybe one day they'll make the Hybrid models available in "all" the colors for the model.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:02 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Ah no I'll stick with the Galaxy Gray. I would LOVE to change if they'd give me a hybrid in Tango Red. When the new civics first came out, they had red, blue, and black at the dealer, and the red ones are verrry.... Fast - looking.

The black one is very cool too, tho not quite as cool-looking as a black Prius with dark tinted Windows (well except for the part about it being a Prius )

Maybe one day they'll make the Hybrid models available in "all" the colors for the model.
I'm on the same page as you. I wish Honda would make the 06 HCH in Bright-Red something that looks Racey and Ultra-Modern to go with the New Body. Oh-Well

Terry

Old 11-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I talked to someone at Best Buy today about installing an after-market XM satellite receiver that would work with the XM-ready radio in the HCH. He said they couldn't do it. That my only choice for a fully integrated system is the Honda supplied radio for about $1000 installed. The other choice is a simple stand alone receiver that trasmits the audio to the regular FM radio. That option is pretty cheap but less than ideal.

I'm disappointed. I'm also skeptical. There should be an integrated solution. Does anyone have more info?

Old 11-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Owner

How does the Honda-installed XM look? Is it integrated into the stereo so there's AM, FM and XM modes? Or does Honda just take an XM receiver and plug it in the back of the stereo and mount the XM receiver on the dash?

I'm trying to justify spending $1,000 on integrated XM Radio. I already have it playing thru my cassette deck in my Nissan. I know the wireless adapter will play XM thru a FM station, but I've found that when the FM station starts to come in, the XM signal gets messes up and the wireless adapter has to be changed to another FM station and so does the FM. A real pain.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:31 AM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Oh, it's totally integrated. There's an XM/Aux button on the stereo, and the whole thing is controlled through the stereo controls.

I've setup a Roadie2 w/remote control. Fits perfectly in the well behind the shifter, and the cables for power and aux in tuck in very nicely. Wire for the sat antenna runs under the floormat, out the door and on the pillar in front of the passenger door. Very low key, and sounds great for < $50. If I really, really, really like using XM, I may spring for the integrated, but this is pretty fine the way it is.

Don

Old 11-15-2005, 07:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

disregard

Last edited by kenny; 11-15-2005 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by ElanC
The other choice is a simple stand alone receiver that trasmits the audio to the regular FM radio. That option is pretty cheap but less than ideal.

I'm disappointed. I'm also skeptical. There should be an integrated solution. Does anyone have more info?
Not *quite* - you can run an audio cable from the external receiver into the audio system via the aux. jack in the Honda. That way, you're getting the sat. radio signal "direct" via cable rather than having it use an FM transponder (which can sound sort of tinny, especially on a station that's talk-oriented.

Results Will Vary, but I chose the new Xact tuner from Sirius ($49 + the radio subscription) (I think they call it the Xact Visor) because it's TINY, about the size of a Fuzz Buster(TM), and has a remote control. (AND, until the Civic shows up, I'm using it in the Nimbus2K and it has its own FM transponder built in.) I bought a second one for the 03 HCH and it works fine with the FM radio.

It'll fit well in the little niche behind the gearshift on the 06 Honda, hopefully minimizing cabling by stuffing it under the front passenger seat. Then just run the Sirius part via the remote.

Meanwhile, the iPod will be living in the glove compartment with the new Honda Audio Link accessory. I mean... what's the point in having a "battery operated" car, if you don't then fill it up with electronic gizmology???

Old 11-15-2005, 07:18 PM
Contributor ($)

Still waiting to get a good look at a new HCH in Madison. Grrr...

Quick Reply: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands