New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Default Re: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Just a comment. Replacing or installing stuff to an aftermarket radio DOES NOT void warranty if done by a professional installer. There was a law passed that said the dealer had the burden of proof if they voided warranty based on installing a radio or accessories.

Oh, and dont' buy the "do you want someone messing with your HYBRID". For a civic the hybrid part is not very integrated into the electronics. I don't think there are any hybrid related issues with the radio or even the nav. The dealers just try to scare people so they can gouge you. If you are scared they know they can maybe manipulate you to get you to pay even more.

Last edited by tbaleno; 11-11-2005 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:31 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Originally Posted by nimbus2k
Since mine's still on order (January) I did the pick 'n choose before the car got here to it'll be tricked out when I pick it up. AND by installing the accessories at purchase, then all that is covered under the new car warranty (so said the dealer when I signed the order for the car.) I chose the mirror (totally addicted from having it on my BMW that's going bye-bye), the interior illumination (useless, but Very phat - BMW lights the console the same way) and will have them add on the ipod connector because that'll be one less (visible) gadget rolling around in the car begging to be stolen: it all hides neatly in the glove compartment.

My contract itemized the accessories with cost/installation for each part and it matches the website pricing. Labor, as a group, wasn't unreasonable.

We went round and round on WHY it costs so danged much for the XM tuner (you're pushing up on $1000 with labor) for a $49 part at Best Buy, but the problem is (a) the techs have to pull the radio out of the dash to install it and (b) do you *really* want an after-market radio installer messing with the electronics in a new hybrid car that was just released last month? (Can you say "Voided Warranty"?)

So I left the radio alone, and went for an external Sirius tuner (NPR) vs. XM (Nascar) that fits perfectly in the little well just behind the transmission shifter. The unit will plug into the aux. plug in the Honda and the Sirius has its own remote so I don't have to worry about reaching behind/around stuff to change channels.

And *it* cost $49 LOL
Hi John; thanks for the reply. I ordered every option that is available for the 06 HCH and in addition to those accessories I am having full Legal Tint and Pin-Stripes added to match the Blue Interior with the little Honda Logo on the Pin Stripes. I say if Honda offers it I want it. Loaded is the only way to go (IMO) and then it is all covered by "Hondas-Factory-Warranty". Amen: Always-shining

Regards

Terry

Old 11-11-2005, 08:46 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Originally Posted by dshelman
I'm curious if anyone else has had any luck with their dealer on negotiating the price of the XM tuner. I haven't tried yet.

Don
To answer your question, the answer is, not on a single accessory but I ordered every accessory Honda offers and now the
(Answer-Is-Yes). More dollars involved so room for (Discount).

HTH

Terry

BTW; HCH was also discounted along with the Accessories.

If your really interested in the complete story go to this (Thread) which is under the (Honda Civic Hybrid Forum) Posted By tigerhonaker

"Why" I originally cancelled The 2006 (HCH) Must-Read (Update On Saturday 22nd)

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-11-2005 at 08:50 PM. Reason: left a word out
Old 11-12-2005, 05:35 AM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter
Default Re: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hi John; thanks for the reply. I ordered every option that is available for the 06 HCH and in addition to those accessories I am having full Legal Tint and Pin-Stripes added to match the Blue Interior with the little Honda Logo on the Pin Stripes. I say if Honda offers it I want it. Loaded is the only way to go (IMO) and then it is all covered by "Hondas-Factory-Warranty"....
I really wish I could have gotten the (legal) window tint from my dealer - they don't offer it and refer you to one of their after-market shops they work with.

That's the challenge with had last summer with the 04HCH in a very warm NC summer - the AC system seemed to "Struggle" to keep the interior of the car cooled down on a long trip (exacerbated by its turning off during auto-stop because we keep it set in the "Auto" position.) It worked ok, but it wasn't a cold arctic blast like I can get now that the days are a little cooler.

That car is the opal-blue color and it's definitely going to go out for tinting before next year's AC season. But now that you've brought it up.... I'm wondering if I can throw a few extra $$ at the Honda guys to have them send out the 06 and have it done before I take delivery. Not so much for the warranty part but that it'll be DONE, and that expense will be part of the financing.

I actually saw the pinstripe-with-logo in a parking lot last week on an Accord and thought that, if a dealer delivered a car to me with stripes like that, I'd ask for a refund. . Since I've not seen one striped up (and since we don't have them on the 04) I'm not sure how pinstriping would look on the more-compound curves of the 06 body, especially in the front. (The back would be easier to imagine - it just looks like a slightly-plumper cousin of my BMW 325)

But the tinting is probably a must-have. Even with the new and improved AC sytem that stays on during auto-stop, I'm expecting about the same reduced "performance" here from the system in the dead part of the summer. Well, that, and I think tinting on the Galaxy Gray would look even more "Space 1999" than the front half of the car already looks.

Old 11-12-2005, 02:01 PM
G.H. Contributor
Talking Re: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Originally Posted by nimbus2k
I really wish I could have gotten the (legal) window tint from my dealer - they don't offer it and refer you to one of their after-market shops they work with.

That's the challenge with had last summer with the 04HCH in a very warm NC summer - the AC system seemed to "Struggle" to keep the interior of the car cooled down on a long trip (exacerbated by its turning off during auto-stop because we keep it set in the "Auto" position.) It worked ok, but it wasn't a cold arctic blast like I can get now that the days are a little cooler.

That car is the opal-blue color and it's definitely going to go out for tinting before next year's AC season. But now that you've brought it up.... I'm wondering if I can throw a few extra $$ at the Honda guys to have them send out the 06 and have it done before I take delivery. Not so much for the warranty part but that it'll be DONE, and that expense will be part of the financing.

I actually saw the pinstripe-with-logo in a parking lot last week on an Accord and thought that, if a dealer delivered a car to me with stripes like that, I'd ask for a refund. . Since I've not seen one striped up (and since we don't have them on the 04) I'm not sure how pinstriping would look on the more-compound curves of the 06 body, especially in the front. (The back would be easier to imagine - it just looks like a slightly-plumper cousin of my BMW 325)

But the tinting is probably a must-have. Even with the new and improved AC sytem that stays on during auto-stop, I'm expecting about the same reduced "performance" here from the system in the dead part of the summer. Well, that, and I think tinting on the Galaxy Gray would look even more "Space 1999" than the front half of the car already looks.
Well as you pointed out the (Pin-Stripes) may or may not go with the 06 Chassis but the only way I know to find out for sure is to have them installed on the car with the (Window-Tint) and see how they look together on the (Alabaster-Silver-Metallic) 06 HCH with the (Blue-Interior). This way when I pick up the car from the dealer in Jan. or Feb. of 06 it will be done and the Window-Tint will be Dry. If I Do-Not like the way the Pin-Stripes look I'll have them removed but I am hoping that they will look okey and kinda add something to the look along with the Tint; Fog-Lights; Full Nose-Mask; Splash-Guards; Chrome-Exhaust-Finisher and not to forget the
(GreenHybrid-License-Plate-Frame) with my new "Personalized" License Plate (ISAVGAS) to complete the look.

I suggest you get your Dealer to install or have him (The-Dealer) have someone Install the Window-Tint before you pick your car up and that way, 1st of all the window tint will be dry, and 2nd if it messes up you can drop your car back off to your dealer and have them go back to the installer and have the problem corrected. If you have it done then you are responsible for dealing with the installer, sometimes thats not fun or easy to get them to correct something after you have left with the vehicle, where as they will not give the run around to the dealer that gives them plenty of business.

Just a comment on the Tint, it makes a big difference on the
(Heat-Level-Inside) the car as you already know I think. I live in Franklin, Tn. which is about 20 miles South of Nashville, Tn. and in the Summer Months here it reaches Very High 90's and Very High Humidity so as you said in your post it is really hard to cool down the inside of the car in the summer months. If you want the comfort plus the (Added-FE) for your 06 HCH I would not hesitate on the tint. Even when you set the climate control on Auto, it will not have to work as hard to cool down the interior and may help to not cut in the (ICE) when it gets really Hot. Remember the new 06 HCH will still run (Both) A/C compressors until the interior reaches a temp. that can then be cooled by the (Electric-Only-Compresor) and not having to run the (ICE) in stop and go traffic. Hope you follow where I am with this explanation. It's about saving gas and raising your (FE) and still being comfortable. Not to scare you but if you have been reading the post here and I bet you have you already know that in alot of cases a
(Hand-Shake-Deal) is not always being Honered by the dealers on the 06 HCH. I (Highly-Suggest) that you have your agreement with your dealer in "Writing" and you keep a copy of it for your protection.

HTH

Terry

Never to much is what I always say:

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-12-2005 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Left information out of (Text)
Old 11-12-2005, 03:40 PM

I was at a dealer today and happened to see a 2006 Civic Coupe in Galaxy Gray with a white pinstripe on it. I thought it looked bad, but I think most pinstripes look bad and I'd never buy a car with one (or any other accessory I didn't ask for). That said, however, I have seen a black 2006 Civic Coupe with a red pinstripe and it did look decent.

Old 11-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Any thoughts on 3rd party/aftermarket XM tuners that will interface with the Honda HCH head unit ('06)? I'm not real keen on spending around $1k to get it added.... I was thinking about using Al and Ed's Autosound just up the street....

And, what brand is the radio that comes standard in the '06 HCH? Alpine? Pioneer?

Don

Old 11-12-2005, 08:10 PM

Someone somewhere said it was Alpine.

Old 11-12-2005, 08:17 PM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by dshelman
Any thoughts on 3rd party/aftermarket XM tuners that will interface with the Honda HCH head unit ('06)? I'm not real keen on spending around $1k to get it added.... I was thinking about using Al and Ed's Autosound just up the street....

And, what brand is the radio that comes standard in the '06 HCH? Alpine? Pioneer?

Don
Hi Don; no can help you with this other than to say I have had two different Civics with after market X/M installed and I am over it. The reason is the last one I made sure it was hard wired in so that when you turned the car on the X/M stayed on unless you chose to turn it off and I later found out when you turned on the (Rear-Defog.) and the (Fog-Lights) plus the High-Speed Fan and the Headlights that you got this "Very-High-Pitched" sound through the spkrs. So much for after market and the other little problems that you find when you add after market things to a vehicle. The factoty X/M like you say is (Expensive) but I can tell you that it will work (Right) and if it does not, let the dealer handle it, because it is a Honda Approved Accessory and a Honda Tech. installed it so it's under the Factory Warranty. Their problem not ours.

If you get the HCH with the Nav. Option I know that you would want to get the X/M installed through your Honda dealer at time of delivery because it works through the Nav. Screen and can also be under the
(Voice-Command) in the HCH. If a person can stand to pay the increased price for the 06 HCH I really think one will be alot better off to bite the bullet and get the Factory X/M and then it will all work just the way it was designed to. Just as information only, if you think the Honda X/M is expensive, you need to look and see what Volvo charges for their upgraded sound system or the Mini Cooper and their sound system or any of the other manufactures. I am not really (Honestly) making a case for Honda put simply wanting you to be realistic about how much your paying for the option as compared to other manufactures and I feel sure you will find out that it is alot less. Not Cheap but Worth it in todays Prices. Good-Luck

HTH

Terry

Old 11-13-2005, 05:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

I decided to get an XM radio -- a Delphi Roadie w/remote control. Total cost < $50. I figure that if I really like XM, then I'll spring for the integrated one for my '06 HCH. In the meantime, it's plugged into the aux port and the setup looks OK. So far, I like it pretty well. We'll see how much I use it after a couple of months. Here in So. California, we have an abundance of really cool FM stations, including Jack FM.

I want to take this opportunity to mention that the AM radio in the standard HCH sounds like crap. FM, and my iAudio through the Aux port sound great, but the AM sounds like being inside a box. Wierd. Guess I'll have to give up talk radio .

Don

Quick Reply: New Owners Of The 06 HCH/Did you get any (Dealer-Installed-Accessories)??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands