New Civic Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 07:44 PM
Enthusiast
Smile New Civic Hybrid

My wife and I picked up our first new car yesterday - an '06 Civic Hybrid. I wanted to thank all the knowledgable people in this forum, because reading all of your posts was very helpful in making our decision.

We ordered it March 1, and it arrived at the dealer May 11. It was worth the wait, though, and we're very happy with the deal we got: $21,116.57, which is downright cheap compared to what the other dealers near here (Seattle) were quoting me.

We drove back from the dealer (a little over an hour), and managed 53.3 mpg (travelling between 55 and 65 miles/hour on flat highways most of the way). Driving conditions were pretty ideal, but we're still very excited to beat the EPA estimates on our first real drive! Especially when we compare it to the Jeep Grand Cherokee that we borrowed from my parents to drive over there in March for the test drive - that monster used a third of a tank for the drive , as opposed to one tick of the gas meter on our HCH!

Old 05-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Civic Hybrid

Congratulations and enjoy your new car.

Old 05-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

Congratulations! We got ours on Friday and tonight was my first long term test drive. (Wife drove home from Mom's with our son in our Acura TL-S; I drove back in the Civic Hybrid with the still to be installed car seat.)

Old 05-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Vegetarian

Congrats and enjoy!

Old 05-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Enthusiast

Wow!!!

So many new HCHs I feel like an old timer with my 17 day old Galaxy Gray.

Congrats on your new vehicle and congrats on your first MPG achievement.

Dan

Old 05-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Enthusiast

Phew..!Congrats ,Yet another HCH owner.Welcome to Green Hybrid.Good luck with your new car,I am sure you will be exited to see the number of Miles each gallon is giving you..Congrats on your 53MPH already .Keep posting your MPG in Compare section of the Website.Good Luck.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:31 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

congrats on the new car and put as many miles as you can on it. lol.

Old 05-15-2006, 04:36 PM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST

The good Lord moves us in not so mysterious ways(HCH II)! Good luck with your new purchase. Congrats on the great MPG.

Old 05-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Folks,
I just picked up a new Mag. Pearl w/ navi two weeks ago and am loving it. My first tank went 449mi on 9 gallons! Wow! This forum has been great in getting the ideal balance of fuel economy. I was shifting from an old Subaru Legacy (11 yrs old) so the ride is very cool and I'm almost doubling the mpg I was getting.

Old 05-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I just bought a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid (Alabaster Silver Metallic w/ Navi) two and a half weeks ago. I got 47.6mpg on my first tank of gas and have 50mpg about 350 miles into my second tank. All of this has been without leaving the Denver metro area. I would love to take this car on a roadtrip, but with 4 people, I'm better off in my Odyssey.

Oddly enough, the lord told me to buy a Hummer, but I knew better and did not listen to him.

Quick Reply: New Civic Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands