Navigation never goes "dark"

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Enthusiast
Default Navigation never goes "dark"

According to my manual, the Navigation map color should switch to the default "night" color when the headlights are on. But my map color stays at the daytime color 24/7. I have different colors specified for Day and Night mode, and the preference in my Setup commands is "Auto", meaning it should switch automatically.

Anything else I can try?

Old 03-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Navigation never goes "dark"

I haven't tried to adjust the settings on my navi screen yet....I am enjoying the tanning session though. I'll try to adjust it and let you know....

Old 03-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I've noticed that too. Mine doesn't come on either. Although it says they should. I don't particularily care, as I like the colors they have on there.

Old 03-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yawn ... Try setting your dash lights to a lower setting. There are separate settings for when the headlights are on and one for when the headlights are off.

Old 03-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Enthusiast

Well I don't have my Civic yet but on my Acura if you have the dash lights set at full brightness, the NAVI will never dim. You may want to check that and reduce the brightness of the dash lights.

Old 03-02-2006, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by AZMerf
Yawn ... Try setting your dash lights to a lower setting. There are separate settings for when the headlights are on and one for when the headlights are off.
Ah, you may have solved my mystery.

I had the same problem with the Nav never going to night mode. Then I read the comment about dimming the instrument panel to less than max brightness. The Nav still wouldn't go to night mode. Then after trying it a few more times the problem went away. I may have adjusted the instrument panel brightness in day mode (with headlights off) the first time.

As others have noted, I wish Honda's software engineers would stop trying to prove how clever they can make the car and let me think for myself.

Old 03-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Enthusiast

RTFM

Old 03-02-2006, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by ElanC
Ah, you may have solved my mystery.

I had the same problem with the Nav never going to night mode. Then I read the comment about dimming the instrument panel to less than max brightness. The Nav still wouldn't go to night mode. Then after trying it a few more times the problem went away. I may have adjusted the instrument panel brightness in day mode (with headlights off) the first time.

As others have noted, I wish Honda's software engineers would stop trying to prove how clever they can make the car and let me think for myself.
Yeah, but with the bad comes good. I use my iPod in the car all the time. For what ever reason, the volume on the iPod or the volume on the radio needs to be turned way up to hear it. However, it's nice because the volume on the AUX mode is separate from the other modes (AM, FM, CD, etc). So if I switch say to FM, I don't have to worry about blowing my speakers because the volume is up so high in the AUX mode.