To NAV or not to NAV?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Owner
Default Re: To NAV or not to NAV?

Picked up the car last night with NAVI and I love it. I had a chance to play with it more today and I must say its my favorite part of the car. I do not remember seeing anything about the fuel economy or other car stats in the system. With the male or female voice coming through the speakers its feels like Kit from the old TV show Knight Rider is there to assist you.

Old 12-09-2005, 04:32 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: To NAV or not to NAV?

Richard; What do you think about the Color Combinations on your HCH ll? The Alabaster Silver Metallic with the Two-Tone Blue Interior. I have that exact same car ordered and thats why I am Asking you about yours.

So start talking and get up off the Info.

Congrats:

Terry

BTW; Did you get any of the Dealer Installed Options? Like the X/M Sat. Radio

Old 12-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S2k4ever
I do not remember seeing anything about the fuel economy or other car stats in the system.
Information--->Trip Computer

Or, at least that's where it is in the Accord.

Old 12-10-2005, 12:40 PM
Owner

Originally Posted by bar10dah
Information--->Trip Computer

Or, at least that's where it is in the Accord.
Information button on the Civic's NAV has the options for just...

1. Information Command Help

2. Map Legend

3. Calendar

4. Calculator

Old 12-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Maybe it doesn't have a Fuel Consumption Display (FCD)? Anyone with a Civic w/Navi can confirm?

Old 12-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bar10dah
Maybe it doesn't have a Fuel Consumption Display (FCD)? Anyone with a Civic w/Navi can confirm?
No, it does not.

Old 12-24-2005, 06:57 AM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: To NAV or not to NAV?

hello all,

i'm new to the forums and hybrids and the general atmosphere of this forum has caused me to post (everyone seems so helpful, no trite comments, etc) .

I've previously owned VWs (98 new beetle, 04 jettat tdi, 05 passat tdi) and I'm looking to purchase a 2006 civic hybrid with sat nav next month (hence the obvious post here). the amazing pricing (VW is asking around $28,000 for a jetta tdi with sat nav) and honda's rep for long term reliability has moved my focus to the civic hybrid as my next environmentally friendly great MPG car.

Like most of you, i'm excited to opt for the sat-nav as it's sparkly and also serves a purpose. However I'm curious regarding it's DVD. A few of you have mentioned the sat nav runs off a DVD (vs say the older method of CD) which leads me to a logical question i've not seen yet (nor can i find an answer too on honda's site as details on sat nav are rather sparse):

When using sat nav, can you also listen to a audio cd? I'd rather not purchase the 8 disc changer if i can avoid it.

Additionally, is anyone using an iPod with their HCH (preferably II) with satnav? if so how's that working? I'm looking for a response from individuals plugging it into the head unit not using something like itrip, so via some sort of aux in or data connection type cable if honda has something like that.

Thank you in advance,

Erik

Ps. I’m hoping to find a magnetic pearl with sat nav (I’ve not been to the dealer so I’ve not decided on blue or beige interior)… think it will be a tall order?

Old 12-24-2005, 08:15 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: To NAV or not to NAV?

Originally Posted by zamafir
hello all,

i'm new to the forums and hybrids and the general atmosphere of this forum has caused me to post (everyone seems so helpful, no trite comments, etc) .

I've previously owned VWs (98 new beetle, 04 jettat tdi, 05 passat tdi) and I'm looking to purchase a 2006 civic hybrid with sat nav next month (hence the obvious post here). the amazing pricing (VW is asking around $28,000 for a jetta tdi with sat nav) and honda's rep for long term reliability has moved my focus to the civic hybrid as my next environmentally friendly great MPG car.

Like most of you, i'm excited to opt for the sat-nav as it's sparkly and also serves a purpose. However I'm curious regarding it's DVD. A few of you have mentioned the sat nav runs off a DVD (vs say the older method of CD) which leads me to a logical question i've not seen yet (nor can i find an answer too on honda's site as details on sat nav are rather sparse):

When using sat nav, can you also listen to a audio cd? I'd rather not purchase the 8 disc changer if i can avoid it.

Additionally, is anyone using an iPod with their HCH (preferably II) with satnav? if so how's that working? I'm looking for a response from individuals plugging it into the head unit not using something like itrip, so via some sort of aux in or data connection type cable if honda has something like that.

Thank you in advance,

Erik

Ps. I’m hoping to find a magnetic pearl with sat nav (I’ve not been to the dealer so I’ve not decided on blue or beige interior)… think it will be a tall order?
Hi; Heres an answer to your last question; if you get the HCH ll with the outside color of (Magnetic Pearl) you will have the (Two-Tone Blue Interior) and if you get the outside color of (Alabaster Silver Metallic) you get the (Two-Tone Blue Interior); the rest of the HCH ll outside colors come with a inside color of (Ivory).

With Honda you Do-Not get a choice of Interior Colors you get (One-Choice), Theirs:

HTH

Terry

Old 12-24-2005, 08:20 AM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: To NAV or not to NAV?

Originally Posted by zamafir
hello all,

Thank you in advance,

Erik

Hi; Heres an answer to your last question; if you get the HCH ll with the outside color of (Magnetic Pearl) you will have the (Two-Tone Blue Interior) and if you get the outside color of (Alabaster Silver Metallic) you get the (Two-Tone Blue Interior); the rest of the HCH ll outside colors come with a inside color of (Ivory).

With Honda you Do-Not get a choice of Interior Colors you get (One-Choice), Theirs:

Say how about taking a minute of your time and go to this (Thread) and add your Name to the List of Members that are taking delivery of their HCH ll's after Jan. 2006. Thanks, and Welcome to (GreenHybrid).
How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

HTH

Terry

Old 12-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Enthusiast

Thank's for the info. It's been a bit of a learning curve for me in terms of the switch from VW, but not an uncomfortable one. From the pictures the blue interior looks great and I'm hoping it's as alluring in person. I would have liked leatherette but I'm not complaining, i'm saving thousands over a jetta tdi with sat nav and hopefully avoiding annoying quirks (the jetta's been trouble free for 150,000 miles aside from the driver side window just falling down one day).

I went ahead and posted in the other thread as well.

Does anyone have any information regarding playing a CD while using sat-nav?

Thanks again,

Erik

Additionally, Honda is indicating that sat nav comes equipped with Satellite Radio as standard. Is this what you sat nav equipped hybrid owners are finding?

Last edited by zamafir; 12-24-2005 at 09:04 AM.

Quick Reply: To NAV or not to NAV?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands