Nav Nag Screen

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Nav Nag Screen

Originally Posted by mexiken
From reading these TONS of postis, it seems that there is a guy from Southern New Hampshire whos handle is guicide. He owns an 06 Civic Hybrid. I'm going to try and get him to come over to OUR forum and see if he can share what hes got in terms of getting rid of that Nag screen (the disclaimer screen). I need to try and get a hold of him though....
Good Idea, cuz as of right now I am stuck too!

Old 04-14-2006, 04:12 PM

Turns out guicide is ALREADY a member....I messaged him, and he said he hasn't had time to work on it lately, but he'll try to get to it eventually. When he does, we'll try and start a thread so we can keep track of progress and try to help him out. That way we can ALL keep posted....

Old 04-14-2006, 07:48 PM

I am going to try a little more tomorrow and see what I can come up with. I have a good feeling I know what to do to change at least the display image, I think I found the .bin file today. Also, in looking around today in the Navi "Master Setup Screen" I found several neat controls and adjustments for the system and the version information. In the Version menu there was a Icon titled "Download", so I said what the heck and I clicked it. The Navi began to download something from somewhere. It took about five min. to complete and then it re-boot. I haven't really noticed any changes but it has seemed to updated my current version.

Old 04-15-2006, 10:25 AM

Adam,

Per the instructions from bysin (the original nonag hacker), the download button seems to just read your CD, and load the correct OS onto read from your bin file. I don't think it actually downloads anything new. BUT, I could be wrong. I pressed it too, and didn't notice a difference either after it was over.

Old 04-15-2006, 08:32 PM

Luis, or anyone else for that matter: see what you can make of this:http://www.guicide.com/cars/2006civi...cks/hacks.html
I found this site and I will try it out tomorrow or on Monday.

Old 04-16-2006, 11:39 AM

THATS the user guicide's website. He started trying to change the startup screen, which apparently hes done, but hes working on the no-nag screen also, and thats where we run into a bit of a pickle.

Old 05-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've been looking around the compiled code for a bit and have found that the disclaimer text is in the hmimanager.dll file which is in your 06avn2.bin file. I can change the text with a hex editor but cannot bypass the OK button yet. I have also not been able to find a disassembler that won't hork on the hmimanager.dll. I'm using IDA Pro for some of the other executables but for some reason that dll is being a major pain. I've also found some other various nifty screens within the Nav unit.

If you use geucide's instructions and go down the point where it says: "press version" If you don't press the version button but instead hold down the menu button for 5 seconds you'll get the developer's menu with a lot more information. You even have the ability to save your memory off to the PC card and look at BMP files that are loaded on the PC card.

If instead of hitting the version button you hit the GPS Information once you're in that screen hold down the menu button for 5 seconds and you can get a lot of additional GPS information.

I'd be interested in starting a working group to get rid of this nag screen if anyone's interested please PM me.

Jayson

Old 05-29-2006, 12:00 PM

I would like to see the trip computer function enabled. Honda seemd to have killed this in All Civic's and Ridgeline Navi systems.

Shakes head.

Old 05-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

What is the Trip Computer Function?

I like the idea of hacking the Navi unit. Once this is completed, I will definitely install the hacks!! (And will remember to undo them before any dealer servicing!)

Michael

Old 05-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

psyshack, if the code is there in the accord navi there's we may be able to use it in the civic navi. I was looking at the version information and a bunch of things were just dashed out. I wouldn't be surprised if we could just add the modules and have it start working. We would need the .bin file from an accord tho or another honda that might have it.

Jayson

Quick Reply: Nav Nag Screen

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands